Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Luna Park Sydney will be shortly recruiting enthusiastic individuals to be part of the Luna Park show during the upcoming school holidays!
The recruitment audition will be on Wednesday 11th March, interview times are between 3pm-6pm, here at Luna Park. If you’re keen to join our team we’d love you to come along to try out at the auditions!
- Rides Operations Hosts – Applicants over 18yrs only.
Round and round, some fast, some upside down – you name it, our rides do it! You will assist in the safe and efficient operation of our rides and attractions, and ensure all Guests have a safe, enjoyable and FUN experience. No previous experience is necessary.
- Sideshow Presenters
Be a spruiker in Sideshow alley! Laugh and create memories for our Guests while they enjoy our classic sideshow games. Confidence, cashiering and customer service is key.
- Merchandising Hosts
A trip to Luna Park isn’t complete without a souvenir. You’ll be selling everything from on-ride photos to balloons, toys and ice creams.
- Ticket Sellers
Start our guests visit with out-of-this-world service that sets the bar high for the rest of the team. You will be providing information on products and services on offer, managing busy queues and process in park and online ticket sales. Cashiering and customer service is key.
- Retail Food & Beverage Attendants, Cashiers, Cooks and Baristas. Applicants may also be offered ongoing work at the completion of the peak period.
Our Retail F&B positions serve up everything from delicious fun park favourites including burgers, pizzas & salads, learning the art of ice-cream service to fairy floss spinning, coffee service, and behind the bar for special events and music festivals. You will assist in the efficient operation of our bistro, ice-cream parlour and fast food outlets in the park in the positions of Grill/Fryer Cooks, Barista, Food and Beverage Attendants and Cashiers. These positions will be available for the busy school holiday period and relevant experience is required.
All applicants must:
- Be well presented, with a vibrant, fun-loving personality and a smile as big as our trademark face.
- Speak and understand both written and verbal instructions in English. These positions have direct guest contact and require the ability to fluently converse in English.
- Have permission to work in Australia. We will not interview any persons who do not have permission to work in Australia. Visa candidates are welcome, but you must bring proof of work entitlements (e.g. a copy of your passport).
- Be available from 30th March 2020 to 3rd May 2020, to work a variety of shifts during our operational hours across 7 days (including nights and weekends). You must be available to accept at least 4 shifts per week including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Select candidates may also be offered ongoing shifts at the completion of the school holidays.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- At the time of hire, have a current NSW RSA competency card (essential for all positions). If you are successful, allow enough time to undertake the training from an approved NSW training provider. Note that some training providers limit Student Visa holders from obtaining this licence. As such, we recommend you obtain advance confirmation whether you can undertake this type of training on your visa type.
- Have obtained a current employer paid NSW Working with Children Check (essential for all positions for applicants 18 yrs and over).
* Any further questions can be answered by your interviewer on the day.
Bring your smile, personality and showmanship! During the audition, you will participate in fun group activities that require speaking in front of large groups, dance/physical movement and working in teams to complete exercises. Please dress in suitable attire to ensure you can move freely, crouch and jump. We are not looking for great dancers or actors however candidates will be selected based on their participation, communication, enthusiasm and confidence in these activities.
HOW TO BOOK INTO THE AUDITION
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to select an interview time. You will then be sent a confirmation email with further information on the audition process, please ensure you have read this information prior to arriving. Please note to allow some time for audition confirmation emails sent out.
Please note you MUST attend Luna Park on Wednesday, 11th March 2020 at your scheduled interview time to participate in the group audition. If you are invited back for the final selection activity this will occur on Tuesday, 17th March 2020. Apologies there are no alternate interview dates available at this time.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Luna Park Sydney is one of Australia’s most iconic and recognisable brands, enjoying breathtaking views of spectacular Sydney harbour. It is where guests are invited to experience the magic of a unique and beautifully restored 1930’s art deco amusement park, harbourside dining and live entertainment. Proudly boasting numerous awards, we cater for a diverse range of events including; concerts, live shows, weddings, corporate functions, conferences and exhibitions.
Your new role:
An experienced Planner is required to coordinate and schedule maintenance resources to maintain asset maintenance frequencies and record compliance to meet statutory standards. Mex will be your tool of choice to produce work orders, manage inventory control, prepare maintenance registers, provide administrative support and to perform detailed analysis and reporting.
Please note that this position is full-time, Monday through to Friday from 7am to 3pm. As such, only applicants with ongoing Australian work rights will be considered.
- Australian Trade qualification (mechanical or electrical) or Engineering degree preferred
- Advanced level CMMS experience (preferably MEX)
- Sound technical, analytical and communication skills
- Accurate administration and record keeping
- Able to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of WHS, regulations and codes of practice
- Knowledge of Amusement devices including associated legislation and standards
- EWP licence or Forklift licence desired
- Project planning & experience advantageous however not essential.
- Procurement experience highly advantageous
Luna Park is a diverse and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in ensuring safe and memorable experience for our guests.
Enjoy public transport at the door, discounted onsite staff parking and employee rates on food and beverage right across the park.
If you are personable, reliable, self-motivated with strong attention to detail and relevant well-honed administration skills, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role through the INDEED platform by clicking on the button below.
The Big Top, located within Luna Park Sydney, has played host to world-wide talent including; The Prodigy, Calvin Harris, Bruno Mars, Kylie Minogue, The Pixies, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Queens of the Stone Age, The Black Keys, Slayer, DMX, Ice Cube, Hilltop Hoods, The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, America and more.
We also host a variety of events including; combat sports, ballroom dancing, ballet, world music concerts, roller derby, children’s events as well as annual festivals, exhibitions and conferences.
Your new role:
To facilitate a seamless event ticketing experience for The Big Top patrons, we require an experienced, savvy ticketing whizz to coordinate event ticketing processes and systems as well as event day operations for both front of house and box office.
Reporting to the Ticketing and Event Services Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of best practice ticketing
- Configuration of shows
- Ticket sales, seating allocations and upkeep of the systems and processes
- Relationship management of external ticket vendors
- Administration incl. financial record keeping and reporting
- Asset management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Database maintenance
Additionally you will provide Event Services FOH Team supervision and development, ensuring the efficient and accurate delivery of ticketing, ushering, cloakroom, RSA monitoring, event merchandise and customer service support required to operate the Box Office during Big Top events.
- Knowledge of computerised ticket sale systems, eg SeatGeek, Ticket Serv, SRO
- Relevant ticket operations experience
- Proven experience supervising FOH teams
- Knowledge of event coordination and equipment typical to the entertainment industry
- Experience with online fraud prevention techniques and systems
- Experience with online payment gateway programs
- Valid NSW RSA
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Adobe CS (Photoshop and Illustrator) and basic HTML desirable
- Sound decision making skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Commitment towards delivering quality guest service
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work shifts that often includes weekend, evenings and public holidays
To get this gig please apply online now and include your CV and covering letter detailing how you match the selection criteria. Please note this is a full time role not available to students or working holiday visas.
Luna Park Sydney is one of Sydney’s most iconic and exciting entertainment precincts. Our food and beverage options encompass world-class functions, harbour front a-la-carte dining at Altum and the award-winning Ferris Wheel Dining concept, ticketed events and quick service retail food outlets.
Your new role:
The Executive Chef is a creative and strategic leader and influencer for each of the different food environments across all four of Luna Park Sydney’s brands: Luna Park Venues, The Deck Sydney; Luna Park Sydney (theme park) and Big Top Sydney.
You will be accountable for driving each to reach their optimum potential in terms of quality, market positioning, customer service, compliance, profitability, client perception and business expansion outcomes.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of menus for Catering, Ala Carte, Events and Retail food;
- Lead in the management of labour costs, COGs and expense control as stipulated in budget;
- Maximise revenue across the operation through delivery of superior product and service;
- Product awareness training for Kitchen and FOH team members across the business;
- Drive, review and monitor food handling and merchandising to agreed standards;
- Develop frameworks for executing systems and processes for success;
- Remain at the forefront of market trends through networking, liaison with suppliers and primary producers etc.;
- Monitor customers’ perception and acceptance of the new products;
- Hands-on support and enhancement of team performance, through sound leadership, communication, vision and recognition;
- Champion LPS’ food product and delivery, and be the “Face of Luna Park’s Food product” in actively promoting what we do in the marketplace.
Your recipe to success must contain the following:
- Senior leadership experience with extensive culinary skills obtained through stable employment in reputable venues;
- Proven success in meeting revenue targets whilst controlling costs, not to the detriment of product/service quality;
- Ability to manage and develop high performance, cohesive teams, leading by example and foster positive work environments;
- Confidence and ability to showcase and promote the food operations of LPS in the industry;
- Experience working with HACCP and Gold Catering Licence accreditation kitchens;
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills;
- Confident communicator, with a calm, rational and professional manner;
- Inspire teams and drive creativity to keep the business at the forefront of the industry;
- Willingness to be hands on in food production and delivery as required;
- Minimum Cert III culinary qualification;
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekdays, weekends, and evenings
We look forward to receiving your application that includes a description how your experience satisfies the key requirements of this position. Please indicate your salary expectations and a date you could commence in the role if successful.
Please “apply now” and email through your CV and cover letter.