Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Luna Park Sydney is one of Australia’s most iconic and recognisable brands, enjoying breathtaking views of spectacular Sydney harbour. It is where guests are invited to experience the magic of a unique and beautifully restored 1930’s art deco amusement park, harbourside dining indulgence and live entertainment. Proudly boasting numerous awards, we cater for a diverse range of events including; concerts, live shows, weddings, corporate functions, conferences and exhibitions.
We require a full time Electrician, preferably with industrial experience, to complement our Maintenance team. You will be called upon to provide a range of electrical services with the added opportunity to work on specialised machinery such as amusement park rides and venue facilities/equipment including variable speed drives, relay logic and switch gear. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of the electrical field but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
- Hold a current NSW Electrical licence
- Have post trade industrial experience
- Are comfortable working at heights
- Have a general understanding of PLC operating systems and their maintenance
- Have a demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- Are willing to work full time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days. Shift patterns will include week days and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work.
- A knowledge of CMMS and experience to enter and close out work orders is desirable
- Experience in motor switchgear, control and variable speed drives, star Delta and DOL ideal
- Ability to read and interpret circuit drawings and methodical diagnostic ability tracing faults desirable
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude and get excited by the prospect of having Luna Park as your place of work, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made. Immediate start available.
Luna Park's unique entertainment precinct, versatile event spaces, first-class catering facilities and unique heritage buildings see us host an array of meetings, conferences, exhibitions, weddings, special events and functions.
About the role
We are on the hunt for a fabulous Event Manager who can facilitate the seamless coordination of the hundreds of functions held here each year. You will provide high level client contact from sale confirmation through to the commencement of the event, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction and memorable guest experiences.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Preparation of event contracts and all related documentation
- Conduct site inspections
- Maintain event booking software (USI)
- Effective liaison with all operational departments regarding the event
- Attend the weekly functions operations meeting
- Be in attendance for the commencement of each function
- Provide operational support to the sales team
This role will suit an individual with a good sense of humour and who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Food and Beverage knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Relevant qualifications in Event Management
- Commercially astute, client focused with a professional approach
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills
- The ability to up sell additional park products and services to clients.
- Advanced Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage
If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to be part of one of Sydney’s most loved entertainment venues then join our team by submitting your application now.
ALTUM RESTAURANT & THE DECK BAR JOB VACANCIES
Altum, a distinctive Sydney dining experience offers a thoughtfully constructed menu featuring modern Australian cuisine blended with Mediterranean influences. It boasts seasonal produce sourced locally from quality providores, farmers, butchers and fishmongers and is well complemented by our widely applauded wine list. We were proudly included in Sitchu Sydney’s hottest restaurant openings of 2018.
To complement our awesome kitchen team, we are seeking an experienced and passionate Demi with a minimum trade qualification in commercial cookery and relevant experience within upmarket establishments
Your new role:
You will work in a well-equipped environment maintained with HACCP accreditation and high standards of quality and hygiene. In this full-time role, you will contribute to the overall success of the operation through careful and attentive food production ensuring the highest quality and standards are met at all times.
You will enjoy a competitive salary with the potential to earn bonuses. Uniform and laundering are provided along with discounted on-site parking and all forms of public transport only a short walk away. Additionally, you will receive discounts on tickets and food and beverage right across Luna Park.
- Dedicated to food quality and product control
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- Pro-active, punctual with a positive attitude.
- Great communication skills
- Proven industry experience within an upmarket establishment
- Trade qualification in Commercial Cookery
- Extensive food knowledge, with the ability to produce both traditional and modern dishes
- Strong knowledge of sauces, stocks and good pan work
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Flexibility to work shifts rostered over 7 days and evenings, including weekends and public holidays
If you are a culinary professional, dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambition to make an impact we invite you to apply via the link below.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in this location in order to apply for this role.