Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Luna Park Sydney will be shortly recruiting enthusiastic individuals to be part of the Luna Park show during the upcoming school holidays!
The recruitment audition will be on Wednesday 11th September, interview times are between 3pm-6pm, here at Luna Park. If you’re keen to join our team we’d love you to come along to try out at the auditions!
- Rides Operations Hosts -– Applicants over 18yrs only.
Round and round, some fast, some upside down – you name it, our rides do it! You will assist in the safe and efficient operation of our rides and attractions, and ensure all Guests have a safe, enjoyable and FUN experience. No previous experience is necessary.
- Sideshow Presenters
Be a spruiker in Sideshow alley! Laugh and create memories for our Guests while they enjoy our classic sideshow games. Confidence, cashiering and customer service is key.
- Merchandising Hosts
A trip to Luna Park isn’t complete without a souvenir. You’ll be selling everything from on-ride photos to balloons, toys and ice creams.
- Ticket Sellers
Start our guests visit with out-of-this-world service that sets the bar high for the rest of the team. You will be providing information on products and services on offer, managing busy queues and process in park and online ticket sales. Cashiering and customer service is key.
- Retail Food & Beverage Attendants, Cashiers, Cooks and Baristas. Applicants may also be offered ongoing work at the completion of the peak period.
Our Retail F&B positions serve up everything from delicious fun park favourites including burgers, pizzas & salads, learning the art of ice-cream service to fairy floss spinning, coffee service, and behind the bar for special events and music festivals. You will assist in the efficient operation of our bistro, ice-cream parlour and fast food outlets in the park in the positions of Grill/Fryer Cooks, Barista, Food and Beverage Attendants and Cashiers. These positions will be available for the busy school holiday period and relevant experience is required.
All applicants must:
- Be well presented, with a vibrant, fun-loving personality and a smile as big as our trademark face.
- Speak and understand both written and verbal instructions in English. These positions have direct guest contact and require the ability to fluently converse in English.
- Have permission to work in Australia. We will not interview any persons who do not have permission to work in Australia. Visa candidates are welcome, but you must bring proof of work entitlements (e.g. a copy of your passport).
- Be available from 20th September to 14th October, to work a variety of shifts during our operational hours across 7 days (including nights and weekends). You must be available to accept at least 4 shifts per week including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Select candidates may also be offered ongoing shifts at the completion of the school holidays.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Hold a current NSW RSA competency card at time of hire (essential for all positions).
- Hold a current employer paid NSW Working with Children Check at time of hire (essential for all positions).
* Any further questions can be answered by your interviewer on the day.
Bring your smile, personality and showmanship! During the audition, you will participate in fun group activities that require speaking in front of large groups, dance/physical movement and working in teams to complete exercises. Please dress in suitable attire to ensure you can move freely, crouch and jump. We are not looking for great dancers or actors however candidates will be selected based on their participation, communication, enthusiasm and confidence in these activities.
Please click the link below to apply and select an interview time. Please note to allow some time for audition confirmation emails sent out.
Luna Park Sydney is looking for enthusiastic, energetic and reliable cast members to bring the season to life and fulfil the position of ‘Performance Cast’ for the upcoming 7th season of Sydney’s Scariest Halloween event ‘Halloscream’.
Performers are required to attend all performance dates and scheduled rehearsals (listed below). Unfortunately, there are no alternative dates and times available.
The rehearsal rate for all roaming and attraction actors is $25.30 per hour and for newly engaged performers hourly performance rates start at $28.40
Rehearsals – Friday 18th, Saturday 19th, Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd, Thursday 24th October 2019
Performances – Friday 25th, Saturday 26th, Thursday 31stOctober and Friday 1st, Saturday 2nd November 2019
To apply, please follow this link and choose an audition date and time. Applicants should also submit their current performance CV and headshot by Monday the 19th of August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
AUDITION OPTION DATES AND TIMES
Saturday September 7th – 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Sunday September 8th – 12.00pm to 2.00pm
Saturday September 14th – 12.00pm to 2.00pm
Sunday September 15th – 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Our maintenance team play an integral role in ensuring the park and rides are safe for all that come to enjoy!
Your new role:
We are seeking a full time Fitter extraordinaire with strong industrial experience to complement our growing Maintenance team. This “Hands-on” role provides a wide range of maintenance services with a key focus on the preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on mechanical equipment. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of your trade but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
- Recognised Australian qualifications as a Fitter with relevant experience including fault finding and root cause analysis to rectify faults
- Comfortable working at heights
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- Willingness to work full time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days.
- Working knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (desirable)
- Current EWP and forklift license (highly advantageous)
If you are enthusiastic, reliable, display a positive attitude and believe Luna Park is your employer of choice, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, great staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made. Immediate start available.
Luna Park's unique entertainment precinct, versatile event spaces, first class catering facilities and unique heritage buildings see us host an array of product launches, conferences, exhibitions, tradeshows, weddings and park wide events; to name a few. Our sensational Events team, across a 10,000sqm space, host upwards of 600 events per annum.
Your new role:
Our Senior Event Manager will provide high level client contact from sale confirmation through to the commencement and duration of the event, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction, memorable guest experiences and seamless coordination. Additionally you will contribute to the management of the functions and operational teams assisting in the event.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of event contracts and all related documentation
- Conduct site inspections and menu tastings
- Maintain event booking software (USI)
- Effective liaison with all operational departments regarding the event
- Attend the weekly functions operations meeting
- Be in attendance for the commencement of each function
- Provide operational support to the sales team
- Manage event financials to ensure 100% accuracy of charges and correct revenue allocation
- Participate in management of contract queries and costings
- Upsell Function & Park offerings to maximise revenue on all events
- In conjunction with the Event Planning & Delivery Manager, oversee the day to day operation of the event team offering mentorship and motivation.
This role will suit an individual with a good sense of humour and who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
- Strong experience as an Event Manager, ideally within a hospitality environment
- Food and beverage knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Experience with venue hire contracts and function operational requirements
- Relevant qualifications in Event Management preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory or management of small teams
- Commercially astute, client focused with a professional approach
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills
- Ability to negotiate persuasively maintaining credibility and professionalism
- Advanced Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
If you have the energy, enthusiasm and necessary skills to be a Senior Event Manager at one of Sydney’s most loved entertainment venues, please submit a current resume and cover letter outlining your suitability.
Iconic Luna Park Sydney, offers hours of entertainment and fun for all that visit. With a variety of experiences to enjoy, from thrilling rides, sideshow games, concerts, functions and events. With an exciting selection of food and beverage experiences to match; you can indulge in a gourmet burger, a black-tie gala dinner, intimate al a carte meal or taking high tea to new heights with Ferris Wheel dining.
With spectacular views, first class catering facilities and exceptional service, Luna Park also hosts some of Sydney’s most spectacular events, concerts, conferences, exhibitions and weddings.
Your new role
Reliable, energetic and experienced Kitchen Hands are required to support the Retail Food Kitchen or Catering Kitchen operations. For both part time and full time positions it is essential you can offer ongoing flexibility to work a range of shifts patterns that include weekdays, weekends and evenings. The roster will match the businesses busy peak periods and part time positions can expect an average of 30 – 38 hrs per week. Unfortunately, these positions do not suit candidates with any work restrictions.
As a valued member of Luna Parks’ Food and Beverage Brigade, you will work in well-equipped environments, maintained with HACCP accreditation and high standards of quality and hygiene.
In the role of Kitchenhand, you will:
- Assist in the set up and pack down of the kitchen and catering equipment
- Maintain clean, organised and hygienic work areas
- Ensure all kitchen utensils and catering equipment is washed in a careful, yet timely manner
- Support the Chefs with the day to day preparation of all catering needs
What you will need to succeed
- Relevant, recent experience in similar quality venues
- Demonstrate a stable history of employment with good references
- High level of personal presentation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Knowledgeable of food safety, HACCP and WH&S requirements
- Strong command of English, with clear verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, organised and willing to do what it takes to support the team
- Effective performance under pressure
- Flexibility to work a changing roster involving day, night and weekends
What you need to do
We welcome your application if you possess the experience, flexibility and attitude to perform well in these positions. Please click the “Apply now” button and forward a current resume outlining all your Kitchen Hand experience and availability. An immediate start is available for the successful candidate.
This position does not offer sponsorship and applicants must have ongoing, full work permissions. Due to the high volume of applications expected, we regret only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Luna Park Sydney is an Australian icon located on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour with full and uninterrupted views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House.
Our award winning Luna Park Venues is one of Sydney's most sought after event, conference and entertainment precincts offering thirteen premium and unique venue spaces custom-built to suit every size and style of event. Complementing our stylish venues, accommodating from 60 to over 6,000 guests, is some of the finest catering Sydney has to offer.
Your new role
Our Production Kitchen provides exemplary service, professionalism and tantalising menu choices to all our clients and guests. We are seeking a highly skilled Chef with proven experience in a premium catering operation to join our exceptional team.
In your role you will support the senior chefs from the initial preparation of ingredients through to the proud delivery of our dishes. At times you may be required to supervise and run a satellite kitchen for small functions. This is a high volume, challenging position where your enthusiasm, ability to work well under pressure and energetic demeanour will be welcomed.
Flexibility to work shifts rostered over 7 days and evenings, including weekends and public holidays is essential. As this is a full time, ongoing role please note that it is not available to Students or Working Holiday Visa applicants.
- Well rounded, high volume catering experience at a CDP level
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery (minimum Cert III)
- Strong planning, organisation, leadership and execution skills
- Commitment to high quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to respond to new initiatives, changing conditions and shifting priorities
- Ability to lead and motivate others to achieve results
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong team player
- Practise quality and cost control measures
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice
If you are a culinary professional dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambition to make an impact in this role, we invite you to apply.
Please include a resume with cover letter detailing how your experience matches the position criteria indicated above.
ALTUM RESTAURANT & THE DECK BAR JOB VACANCIES
We currently do not have any job vacancies for Altum Restaurant & The Deck Bar, please check back later for vacancies.