Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Luna Park Sydney will be shortly recruiting enthusiastic individuals to be part of the Luna Park show during the upcoming school holidays!
The recruitment audition will be on Tuesday 11th June 2019 from 4pm-6pm, here at Luna Park. If you’re keen to join our team we’d love you to come along to try out at the auditions!
- Rides Operations Hosts -– Applicants over 18yrs only.
Round and round, some fast, some upside down – you name it, our rides do it! You will assist in the safe and efficient operation of our rides and attractions, and ensure all Guests have a safe, enjoyable and FUN experience. No previous experience is necessary.
- Sideshow Presenters
Be a spruiker in Sideshow alley! Laugh and create memories for our Guests while they enjoy our classic sideshow games. Confidence, cashiering and customer service is key.
- Merchandising Hosts
A trip to Luna Park isn’t complete without a souvenir. You’ll be selling everything from on-ride photos to balloons, toys and ice creams.
- Ticket Sellers
Start our guests visit with out-of-this-world service that sets the bar high for the rest of the team. You will be providing information on products and services on offer, managing busy queues and process in park and online ticket sales. Cashiering and customer service is key.
- Retail Food & Beverage Attendants, Cashiers, Cooks and Baristas. Applicants may also be offered ongoing work at the completion of the peak period.
Our Retail F&B positions serve up everything from delicious fun park favourites including burgers, pizzas & salads, learning the art of ice-cream service to fairy floss spinning, coffee service, and behind the bar for special events and music festivals. You will assist in the efficient operation of our bistro, ice-cream parlour and fast food outlets in the park in the positions of Grill/Fryer Cooks, Barista, Food and Beverage Attendants and Cashiers. These positions will be available for the busy school holiday period and relevant experience is required.
All applicants must:
- Be well presented, with a vibrant, fun-loving personality and a smile as big as our trademark face.
- Speak and understand both written and verbal instructions in English. These positions have direct guest contact and require the ability to fluently converse in English.
- Have permission to work in Australia. We will not interview any persons who do not have permission to work in Australia. Visa candidates are welcome, but you must bring proof of work entitlements (eg a copy of your passport).
- Be available from 28th June to 28th July 2019, to work a variety of shifts during our operational hours across 7 days (including nights and weekends). You must be available to accept at least 4 shifts per week including Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Select candidates may also be offered ongoing shifts at the completion of the school holidays.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Have obtained a current NSW RSA competency card (essential for all positions).
- Have obtained a current employer paid NSW Working with Children Check (essential for all positions).
* Any further questions can be answered by your interviewer on the day.
Bring your smile, personality and showmanship! During the audition, you will participate in fun group activities that require speaking in front of large groups, dance/physical movement and working in teams to complete exercises. Please dress in suitable attire to ensure you can move freely, crouch and jump. We are not looking for great dancers or actors however candidates will be selected based on their participation, communication, enthusiasm and confidence in these activities.
HOW TO BOOK INTO THE AUDITION
Please read this information sheet before applying.
Once you have read the information sheet, click on the button below and submit your details to book an audition!
You will then be sent a confirmation email with further information on the audition process, please ensure you have read this information prior to arriving.
Please note you MUST attend Luna Park on the 11th June at your scheduled interview time to participate in the group audition. If you are invited back for the final selection activity this will occur on the 18th June 2019. Apologies there are no alternate interview dates available at this time.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Luna Park Sydney’s Showtime department is looking for a Male & Female Singer/Dancer to perform in roving shows throughout the Park.
We need an experienced singer and dancer with a natural affinity for acting. Your big personality will be engaging and happy and you love interacting with children.
Given the nature of our performances, an ability to engage a ‘moving’ crowd and performance adaptability is essential.
You will need to be available to work weekends and a minimum of 4 shifts per week during the upcoming School Holiday period; 6th to 21st July 2019
We are looking for performers who love to sing, dance, smile and spread joy along the way!
Casual hourly performance rate is $30.20-$32.10. Rehearsal/Training rate is $24.50 hr.
Apply now by e-mailing your interest including a copy of your current CV and Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Thursday 30th May 2019.
Thursday 6th of June 2019
Luna Park Sydney Big Top
Please bring along Headshot, CV and your diary.
Training and rehearsals:
Tues 18th, Mon 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th & 29th June and Mon 1st July.
Please note: You will need to be available for all training and rehearsal dates
Applicants must be aged 16 years or over.
If you require further details please contact the Luna Park Showtime Manager Andrew Ross-Graham at email@example.com
Please note: A Working with Children Check clearance is a requirement for these positions (at own expense).
Iconic Luna Park Sydney is where Guests are invited to “Experience the Magic” of a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park. We offer world class venue facilities that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. The highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. Our fantastic Altum Restaurant and Deck Bar overlook the pristine waters of Sydney harbour with the Opera House and Bridge in full view. This is an entertainment precinct that delivers.
Your new role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, friendly and close-knit Finance team. Available for an immediate start, the role is initially for 6 months with the opportunity of a temp to perm option. Flexible hours; we envisage 20 – 25 per week, ideally across Monday to Friday.
Your day will include:
- Receive and distribute invoices accordingly
- Process a high volume of invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Enter all invoices into Great Plains
- Manage supplier enquiries and disputes and respond to all emails
- Oversee Accounting controls with regards to coding and authorisation
- Identify any discrepancies and resolve accordingly
- Prepare bank file for payment of suppliers and other business expenses
- Compile month end reports
- Reconcile ledger and supplier statements
- Assist Director with Cash Flow Management through monitoring of the Creditors Ledger
- Reconcile Event Settlement figures including payments to promoters
- Provide ad hoc support to the CFO, as required
- Assist with implementation of a new Expense Management System
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Accounts Payable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated analytical skills with a data-driven focus
- Great Plains, Docuware or any alternate expense management system experience advantageous
The Luna Park family culture radiates enthusiasm, eagerness and passion. We offer a range of social opportunities, team events and a unique working environment! Take your career to the next level and join an ‘award-winning’ team! To register your interest please apply now with an up to date resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in this location in order to apply for this role.
Iconic Luna Park Sydney is where Guests are invited to “Experience the Magic” of a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park. We offer world class venue facilities that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. The highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. Our fantastic Altum Restaurant and Deck Bar overlook the pristine waters of Sydney harbour with the Opera House and Bridge in full view. This is an entertainment precinct that delivers
About the role:
This is a Maintenance type role with a difference! Contribute to an amazing experience for our guests through the rigorous inspection of our Rides, ensuring they are safe for our visitors to enjoy. This full-time role is predominately Friday through Monday (day and/or evening shifts).
- Conduct daily statutory checks on all amusement rides
- Record results in a manner that satisfies legislative compliance
- Respond to call-outs regarding minor faults
- Support the trade qualified Fitters and Electricians with general maintenance tasks
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Proven experience within a trades assistant type role
- Competent using a range of basic hand tools.
- Ability to follow and adhere to strict safety guidelines.
- Meticulous record keeping displaying a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Working at Heights training, EWP ticket and forklift licence desirable.
- Working knowledge of CMMS desirable
- Attractive package commensurate with experience
- Close to public transport and car parking options available
- Discounted rides, food and beverage
Luna Park is a diverse and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in ensuring safe and memorable experiences for our guests. If you are looking for a ‘lifestyle’ position with a difference, are willing to undertake training and value the opportunity to represent our ‘award-winning’ amusement park, then we welcome your soonest application!
To apply please send your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria.
Enjoy the fun atmosphere, amazing Milsons Point location and the unique opportunity to work on specialised machinery and equipment such as the amusement park rides and function venues
About the role:
We required a full time Electrician with industrial experience to complement our growing Maintenance team. You will be called upon to provide a range of electrical services with the added opportunity to work on specialised machinery such as amusement park rides and venue facilities/equipment including variable speed drives, relay logic and switch gear. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of the electrical field but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
The successful candidate will require:
- A current NSW Electrical licence
- Post trade industrial experience
- To be comfortable working at heights
- A general understanding of PLC operating systems and their maintenance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- A willingness to work full time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days. Shift patterns will include week days and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work
- A knowledge of CMMS and experience to enter and close out work orders (Desirable)
- Experience in motor switchgear, control and variable speed drives, star Delta and DOL (Desirable)
- Ability to read and interpret circuit drawings and methodical diagnostic ability tracing faults (Desirable)
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude and get excited by the prospect of having Luna Park as your place of work, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made.
Luna Park Sydney is where Guests are invited to “Experience the Magic” of a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park. We offer world class venue facilities that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. The highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. Our fantastic Altum Restaurant and Deck Bar overlook the pristine waters of Sydney Harbour with the Opera House and Bridge in full view. This is an entertainment precinct that delivers!
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a hands-on, qualified Carpenter to perform a variety of carpentry and joinery services for restoration and repair work. This will include project work on facilities, rides and our various venues. Additional periodic roller coaster track restoration work will be required. The role is available for a 6 – 12-month contract.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Comfortable when working at heights.
- Demonstrated stable work history with post trade experience in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Have the ability to learn and adapt to new surroundings and provide responsive services to meet the organisation’s needs.
- Be reliable, self-motivated and able to work individually or within a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health Safety & Environment (WHS&E)
- Enthusiastic and punctual with a positive attitude and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills.
- Reasonable computer literacy to utilise MEX to obtain and update work orders.
- Available for 4 days per week, with infrequent weekend work to eliminate ride downtime.
- Must have completed a Carpentry trade qualification (min Cert III) recognised in Australia
- EWP, BL, SL tickets desirable
- Possession of current Chainsaw, Scaffold / Rigger tickets (desirable).
- Current NSW drivers’ licence.
Luna Park is an exciting and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in ensuring a safe and memorable experience for our guests. You will join a resourceful and multidisciplinary Maintenance team, enjoying public transport at the door, discounted onsite staff parking and discounts on food and beverage right across the park.
To submit your application, please send a CV with a cover letter addressing the above criteria. This position is only open to Australian permanent residents or citizens.
ALTUM RESTAURANT & THE DECK BAR JOB VACANCIES
Situated on the spectacular harbour, The Deck Sydney bar enjoys first class, expansive views of the world's most iconic landmarks and is a 'hot spot' in the Sydney bar and dining scene. With a Two Wine Glass rating on the International Wine List of the Year 2017 we offer an extensive selection of 146 wines. The Deck Sydney is complimented with the recently refurbished Altum restaurant which offers a Modern Australian menu with a Mediterranean influence.
Your new role:
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual who will display a proactive approach to anticipating our guests’ needs, offer a service-first attitude and commit to creating memorable experiences. The role encompasses all aspects of being a Head Bartender, including mixing and serving a superb cocktail, pouring a fine wine or mastering a beer on tap.
- Extensive cocktail and mixology experience within upmarket establishments
- A Strong knowledge of Australian wines
- An engaging and personable demeanour served with your own unique and creative flair
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Initiative with a keen eye for detail
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- A current NSW RSA Competency card
If your passion is delivering the very best experience and you are available to work a flexible roster across Wednesday to Sunday, including Public holidays, we have a spot waiting for you on our team. Please apply with a cover letter and resume highlighting your relevant experience for this position.
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in this location in order to apply for this role.
ALTUM, a distinctive Sydney dining experience located on our pristine harbour, offers a thoughtfully constructed menu featuring modern Australian cuisine blended with Mediterranean influences. It boasts locally sourced, seasonal produce from quality providores, farmers, butchers and fishmongers and is well complemented by our widely applauded wine list. We were proudly included in Sitchu Sydney’s hottest restaurant openings of 2018.
Your new role:
As a valued member of the team you will work in a well-equipped environment maintained with HACCP accreditation and high standards of quality and hygiene.
- Assist in the set up and pack down of the kitchen
- Maintain a clean, organised and hygienic work space
- Ensure all kitchen utensils are washed in a timely manner to support service
- Assist the Kitchen with the day to day running and preparation of food dishes
- Complete other ad hoc duties as required by our fantastic Chefs and Management
What you will need to succeed:
- Relevant, recent experience in a large commercial kitchen
- High level of personal presentation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Strong understanding of food safety, HACCP and WH&S requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work day, night and weekends
What you need to do:
If this role interests you please click the “Apply now” and forward a current resume outlining your Kitchen Hand experience. An immediate start is available for the successful candidate.
This position does not offer sponsorship and applicants must have ongoing, full Australian work rights.