Luna Park Sydney is many things to many people. Today the famous 1930s-era amusement park is complemented by five-star function and wedding venues, an entertainment arena and a variety of deluxe brasserie and bar offerings.
Behind the scenes there is an amazing team. In 2013, Luna Park Sydney was selected as the State Winner of the 'Employer of Choice' category of the NSW Business Chamber Awards.
If you are interested in joining the fun of Luna Park, the team are always on the lookout for new members across various roles. For more information on current vacancies, please see below. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone about recruitment call the team on (02) 9033 7636.
Luna Park Sydney Job Vacancies
Unique leadership opportunity now available at one of Sydney’s premier attractions, Luna Park!
About the role:
Reporting to the GM Operations, the Senior Amusement Park Manager will contribute to strategic planning, fiscal management, Park aesthetics and team development. You will be instrumental in orchestrating events and activities that keep the park profitable, safe and enjoyable for guests.
The appropriate custodian for this position will embrace, celebrate and protect the heritage of Luna Park and understand the thrill of an amusement park is not achieved through the physical sensation of a carnival ride alone, but the ability to bring to life the emotional experiences that engage the spirit and leave lasting memories.
Creative, inspirational and resourceful management is required to build upon our success to date and cultivate a diverse team in a workforce of around 800 team members. Expertise to drive the business units within your command to their optimum potential, ensuring continuous improvement of service, attractions, facilities and guest experience is paramount.
Departments this role is likely to be accountable for includes:
- Ride Operations and Park Attractions
- Sideshow Games
- Retail Merchandising, product development, and Ride Photography
- Guest Relations, Admissions and Park Ticketing
- Showtime Street Theatre and general Park entertainment
- Wardrobe operations
- Halloscream Event
- Inductions and training
- Oversee In-Park design elements including artwork, signage, informational materials (maps etc).
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the operational efficiency of the Park whilst maintaining compliance with legislation, licensing and company policies.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all aspects of Ride operation keeping abreast of developments in the industry.
- Plan and implement strategies to achieve constant improvements in visitor and employee satisfaction.
- Responsible for positively impacting overall guest satisfaction by championing guest service programs and initiatives.
- Lead and motivate a team to achieve and exceed KPIs.
- Achieve strong financial performance through driving sales, increasing spend per head, monitoring and reporting on budgets and controlling labour costs.
- Foster a high-performance culture including recruitment and development of the right people.
- Project involvement and contractor management for general park developments, including new rides and attractions.
- Apply risk management practices to ensure a safe environment for Park employees and the Public.
- Interface with the Maintenance division to maximize safety measures and minimize Ride down time.
- Manage the daily operation of the Amusement Park and regularly fulfil the role of Duty Manager, and Chief Warden.
The successful candidate will require:
- Experience managing the operations of a highly visible tourist attraction or public venue.
- Sound understanding of theme park / attractions environment and the operations of mechanical rides.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best-practice in ride operations.
- A broad understanding of AS3533.
- Visible leadership, supported by effective performance management and coaching experience.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to liaise effectively and positively engage multiple stakeholders.
- Confidence to plan for and manage crisis/ major emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of varying technical, educational and generational backgrounds.
- Proven ability to accomplish goals through motivation, training, delegation and effective follow-up.
- Strong initiative, complaint resolution and problem-solving abilities combined with solid business acumen.
- Effective communication, time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Professional and approachable demeanour, adopting an even temperament in an often fast paced environment.
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and proficient adopter of technology eg POS, Ticketing software and turnstile systems.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sound judgement and commercial initiative.
- Energy and resilience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business/Management/Leisure/Tourism Operations
- Theatrical, creative and/or design experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster requiring regular weekends, day/evening work, school holiday and public holiday shifts.
We foresee the incumbent to this position being a self-motivated, theme park connoisseur who is passionate about developing teams to reach their full potential and delivering unforgettable WOW moments. An individual who is a story teller who knows just what it takes to keep a leading attraction at the forefront of the Industry.
If you are ready to buckle up for the ride of your life and whole heartedly embrace everything this exciting role has to offer, please forward an updated resume and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role.
Enjoy the fun atmosphere, amazing Milsons Point location and the unique opportunity to work on specialised machinery and equipment such as the amusement park rides and function venues
About the role:
We required a full time Electrician with industrial experience to complement our growing Maintenance team. You will be called upon to provide a range of electrical services with the added opportunity to work on specialised machinery such as amusement park rides and venue facilities/equipment including variable speed drives, relay logic and switch gear. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of the electrical field but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
The successful candidate will require:
- A current NSW Electrical licence
- Post trade industrial experience
- To be comfortable working at heights
- A general understanding of PLC operating systems and their maintenance
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- A willingness to work full time hours over 4 days per week, with a rotating roster spread over 7 days. Shift patterns will include week days and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work
- A knowledge of CMMS and experience to enter and close out work orders (Desirable)
- Experience in motor switchgear, control and variable speed drives, star Delta and DOL (Desirable)
- Ability to read and interpret circuit drawings and methodical diagnostic ability tracing faults (Desirable)
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude and get excited by the prospect of having Luna Park as your place of work, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical before a formal offer is made.
Luna Park Sydney is where Guests are invited to “Experience the Magic” of a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park. We offer world class venue facilities that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. The highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. Our fantastic Altum Restaurant and Deck Bar overlook the pristine waters of Sydney Harbour with the Opera House and Bridge in full view. This is an entertainment precinct that delivers!
About the role:
We are on the hunt for a hands-on, qualified Carpenter to perform a variety of carpentry and joinery services for restoration and repair work. This will include project work on facilities, rides and our various venues. Additional periodic roller coaster track restoration work will be required. The role is available for a 6 – 12-month contract.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Comfortable when working at heights.
- Demonstrated stable work history with post trade experience in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Have the ability to learn and adapt to new surroundings and provide responsive services to meet the organisation’s needs.
- Be reliable, self-motivated and able to work individually or within a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health Safety & Environment (WHS&E)
- Enthusiastic and punctual with a positive attitude and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- A flexible approach with excellent communication skills.
- Reasonable computer literacy to utilise MEX to obtain and update work orders.
- Available for 4 days per week, with infrequent weekend work to eliminate ride downtime.
- Must have completed a Carpentry trade qualification (min Cert III) recognised in Australia
- EWP, BL, SL tickets desirable
- Possession of current Chainsaw, Scaffold / Rigger tickets (desirable).
- Current NSW drivers’ licence.
Luna Park is an exciting and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in ensuring a safe and memorable experience for our guests. You will join a resourceful and multidisciplinary Maintenance team, enjoying public transport at the door, discounted onsite staff parking and discounts on food and beverage right across the park.
To submit your application, please send a CV with a cover letter addressing the above criteria. This position is only open to Australian permanent residents or citizens.
ALTUM RESTAURANT & THE DECK BAR JOB VACANCIES
Situated on the spectacular Sydney harbour, The Deck Sydney Bar and ALTUM restaurant enjoys first class, expansive views of the world's most iconic landmarks and is a 'hot spot' in the Sydney bar and dining scene. With a Two Wine Glass rating on the International Wine List of the Year 2017, and offering an extensive selection of 146 wines, we have the ability to complement every dining experience with the perfect fine wine. We are a highly awarded business, including awards for innovation and the unique concept of Ferris Wheel Dining, where we have taken dining to new heights.
About the role:
ALTUM officially launched late last year and now offers the lower North Shore an exciting dining experience. The introduction of a Mediterranean inspired, Modern Australian menu with a focus on fresh local produce has begun the journey of taking Altum to a whole new level. We thrive on creating exceptional memories for our guests and to assist us in this process we are inviting a charismatic industry professional to lead the way for our Front of House Team.
This position is full time, predominately Wednesday through to Sunday. A combination of day and evening shifts with some public holidays is required.
We are prepared to pay an above award hourly rate for the right candidate: approximately $25 - $30 per hour (negotiable commensurate with experience).
You are someone who:
Will take guests on a journey that suits their occasion by curating their special, yet individual dining experience. Your natural charisma and warmth will shine through and your guests won’t want to leave until they have personally shown you their appreciation. You will draw on your extensive food and wine knowledge to freely converse about produce, foodie destinations and up to date industry trends.
There is no pretentious, fussy, scripted service in our environment, your confidence shines through with clear communication where making menu recommendations impresses your audience and upselling is an artform.
Food and Beverage is your considered career of choice and you can demonstrate respectable tenure at a number of leading restaurants, which your referee’s will also attest to.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Stable hospitality track record developed in renowned ala carte restaurants
- Strong operational and efficient service skills
- Positive influence to support and motivate your colleagues
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to delight guests and build rapport
- Passion for food and wine
- An inspiring work ethic
- A sense of accomplishment derived from providing exceptional guest experience
- Experience monitoring and training new team members
- Ability to handle guest feedback and turn complaints into positive outcomes for the guest and the venue
- Current NSW RSA
There is a real opportunity for the successful applicant to contribute to the long-term reputation of the establishment. We already have a world class location, new highly talented Chefs and a refreshed venue, we now require you, the ‘star of service’ to complete our team at Altum.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your suitability for this fantastic role, or come into the Venue and make yourself known to Management.
Join our acclaimed and exciting brand today and you could start with us tomorrow.