JOBS AT LUNA PARK
THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER
Halloscream X Auditions
Do you have what it takes to Scare Sydney?
Luna Park Sydney is on the hunt for enthusiastic, energetic and reliable cast to bring to life XTREME frights and fears to Sydney’s scariest Halloween event over Eleven Extreme Nights in 2022!
With three unique horror mazes, immersive experiences and theatrical performances and appearances throughout the park, we are looking for a range of diverse performers with various skills, including but not limited to physical theatre, dance, singing, acrobatics, and circus.
If successful, all performers must be available for all performance dates and will be required to attend all required rehearsals (listed below). This is non-negotiable to be involved in Halloscream 10.
Luna Park Sydney is a COVID Safe venue. We are taking a highly precautionary approach to manage the spread of COVID-19. All attendees will be required to provide evidence of being double dose vaccinated prior to accepting any offer from Luna Park Sydney.
Halloscream Xtreme! – 10 Years of Fears
Halloscream Xtreme! Is the celebration of 10 Years of Fears at Luna Park Sydney.
Bringing back key icon characters from some of our most celebrated previous years, introducing new Faces of Fear and new experiences for our guests including a park first immersive walk through experience inside the iconic Coney Island seeing classic horror villains come to life in ‘Coney Island: Film House’. Once again featuring our annual ‘Opening Scaremony’ to open the event and exclusive experiences for our guests with performances, mazes and character appearances throughout the evening.
We will once again see the Big Top Sydney transformed into the central location of our 3 Horror Mazes. This year we return for the final time to fight the decayed in ‘DecayMart: Expiration Date’, The Replicants have taken over in our second installation of ‘RainDead: Rise of the Replicants’ and brand new to Halloscream 2022 is ‘GRIM’ a gang of vigilante clowns who are on the lookout for new recruits to join them in their sinister ways.
Theatrical Performance / Actors / Dancers / Movers / ScarersAudition Date Options: Friday September 16th at 2:00pm or Saturday September 17th at 12:00pm or Sunday September 18th at 5:00pm or Thursday September 22nd at 5:30pm
Induction: 10th Oct - 6:00pm to 9:00pm (Compulsory Attendance)
Dance Reh 1: 11th Oct - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Dance Reh 2: 12th Oct - 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Actor Training 1: 15th Oct - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Actor Training 2: 16th Oct - 12:00pm to 5:00pm
Coney Island - In Attraction Reh: 19th Oct - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
In Park Blocking/Tech Reh: 19th Oct - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
In Maze Reh: 20th Oct
DecayMart - 10:00am to 12:00pm
RainDead - 11:30am to 1:30pm
Grim - 1:30pm to 3:00pm
Dress Reh/Soft Launch: 20th Oct
Arrival Times: TBA
Park Open: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
11 Shows: From 4pm Friday 21st October – Monday 31st October 2022
Luna Park, Sydney
Rehearsal Rate: $27.90 p/h
Performance Base Rate: $34.00 p/h
Submissions Open: 9:00am Monday 1st August 2022
Submissions Close: 24 Hours prior to your selected Audition Date
Please complete the submission form found here. You will also need on hand a current headshot and CV to attach to the form.
Disclaimer: The event in whole may not be delivered as planned, or potentially cancelled, subject to Luna Park's discretion and/or State and Federal Government direction to COVID-19.
We as a company have a number of COVID safe plans in place for the successful and safe execution of Halloscream 10.
*Please note successful applicants will be required to obtain a Working With Children’s Check at their own expense, through the NSW Government prior to commencing work with Luna Park Sydney.
Chef de Partie
Luna Park Sydney is an Australian entertainment icon located on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour with uninterrupted views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, premium conference and catering facilities and an amusement park transformed with 9 new Rides.
We are seeking FULL TIME Chef de Parties for:
- Function & Event Catering
- Retail Food Outlets
- Wine Bar Restaurant
Our award-winning Luna Park Venues brand offers thirteen premium and unique venue spaces with some of the finest catering Sydney has to offer. We require skilled Chefs preferably with experience in a premium catering operation to join our exceptional function and event team in the production kitchen.
The Retail Food and Beverage (FAB) offering at Luna Park includes a themed bistro style diner, gourmet burger and rotisserie chicken bar, grab and go items and popular fun park favourites. As a Retail food and beverage Chef you will experience a fast-paced environment where you can inject a sense of playfulness and theatre into the menu preparation and presentation.
Opening soon and already boasting wine list of the year, Amphora Wine Bar will be a distinctive Sydney dining experience offering a thoughtfully constructed menu featuring modern Australian cuisine blended with Mediterranean influences. Your solid experience within an established ala Carte restaurant or wine bar will be highly regarded.
All positions above require:
- Culinary trade qualifications to a minimum of Cert III
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Commitment to quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards
- Skills to contribute to ordering and offering suggestions for new menu items
- Monitor COGS and minimize wastage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliability and team player
- Willingness to assist other kitchens when necessary
- Be able to work calmly when under pressure
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice
- Full, ongoing Australian work rights
If you are a culinary professional dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambition to make an impact in this role, we invite you to apply.
We may also consider applications from recent culinary graduates looking to get a start in the Industry for Commis Chef roles, or experienced Commis looking to move up to a Demi CDP.
Please include a resume with a cover letter detailing which Kitchen type you are interested in and when you could start.
Hit the apply now button or email your application to email@example.com
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Expression of Interest for Future Vacancies
Theme Park, Hospitality and Entertainment enthusiasts are invited to submit an expression of interest for any future vacancies that may arise in our management and/or frontline teams.
We are always on the lookout for engaging, qualified and/or like-minded persons to join the team, delivering Luna Park Sydney’s world renowned, multi award winning experience.
Luna Park has so many career pathways from creating fun in the Park, Culinary professionals, to Corporate roles in Sales, Events, Marketing, IT, HR, Operations and Engineering.
As we continue to push our service and entertainment offering to new heights of excellence and innovation, we would love for you to be part of this journey, and ensure that the next generation of visitors will continue to experience the old school charm and genuine hospitality that iconic Luna Park Sydney is known for!
If there are no vacancies advertised that currently match your skills and experience, please register for future work opportunities via the apply now button, and complete the relevant information and upload your CV.
Luna Park will be in touch with you, if we identify a role that may be of interest to you. Please also check back regularly on our careers page for newly advertised roles.
Please contact the HR Department to discuss Executive level vacancies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (02) 9033 7515.
Management AccountantLuna Park Sydney, a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park is one of Australia’s most iconic and recognisable brands, enjoying views of spectacular Sydney harbour. We offer world class venue facilities that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. Our highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions.About the roleYour primary responsibility will be to analyse and report on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that management receives timely, accurate and relevant information. You will provide high quality financial processing and reporting to enable accurate & informed decision-making for the successful performance of the Finance Team.Key responsibilities include
- Accountable for financial and management reporting obligations within the required deadlines, including weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- In conjunction with the Finance Team, prepare and review general ledger entries, including monthly completion of all relevant balance sheet reconciliations
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly management reports and quarterly reports presented to the Board
- Preparation and lodgement of the BAS
- Assist in the Audit/Tax/FBT return process
- Perform analytical/ad-hoc reporting and project requests
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Prepare and manage related party transactions, reconciliations and financial statements
- Prepare job costed P&L’s for the Function and Events business units
- Manage the relationship with the landlord, including preparation of monthly reimbursements
Experience with Great Plains is highly desirable and intermediate MS Excel skills is essential.To ApplyExpand your career within an iconic company that offers stability, diversity and a unique working experience. We look forward to receiving your application that includes your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.Please hit the Apply now button, or email: email@example.com
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- A CPA/CA or at least half way to achieving your qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of business drivers and critical management information
- Deadline focused with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the department and business
- A high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to ask the ‘right questions’ to provide interpretation of the numbers
- Organised, methodical and ability to prioritise tasks
- Be willing to challenge the status quo
- Must have full, unlimited work entitlements, this role is not suitable for Student Visa, or Working Holiday Visa holders.
Amusement Park Customer Service + Venues + Events
WE ARE HIRING:
- F&B (Cooks, Kitchen Hands, Barista, POS Operators)
- Events – Front of House
- Venue Setup Crew
- Chef de Parties (full time)
Work at one of Australia’s most famous icons, and join us at a truly exciting time! Luna Park Sydney has recently completed one of the biggest upgrades of any Amusement Park in the world, with the addition of 9 thrilling new rides.
Set within Luna Park’s grounds, are 13 multipurpose function and event spaces and the Big Top Sydney – home to some of the hottest live concerts in town. Amphora, Luna Park’s stunning new Wine Bar is our latest venture, set to open in late 2022.
With such a wide range of jobs available, there is plenty of fun for everyone to work during the upcoming September/October school holidays, and onto the Halloween extravaganza.
We have positions available for approx. 100 enthusiastic and reliable individuals, to deliver a sensational experience to all our excited guests in the Amusement Park, or to join the Venues/Events.
Book your interview now to join a diverse team who make it their mission to delight and entertain, and also get to meet some great people along the way.
** Minimum age for all applicants is 16 yrs.
TUESDAY 30TH AUGUST 22 - interview times range between 3.30pm to 6pm (allow 2 to 3 hours)
Book your interview via the Apply Now link.
Casual positions we are hiring for include:
- Rides Operations Hosts – (preferably 18 years +).
Round and round, some fast, some upside down – you name it, our rides do it! You will assist in the safe and efficient operation of our rides and attractions, and ensure all Guests have a safe, enjoyable and FUN experience. No previous experience is necessary.
- Ticket Sellers
Start our guests visit with out-of-this-world service that sets the bar high for the rest of the team. You will be providing ticketing information, manage Park entry or busy queues and answer enquiries for in park facilities. Strong communication, cashiering and listening skills are key.
- Sideshow Presenters
Be a spruiker in Sideshow alley! Entertain and create memories for our Guests while they enjoy our classic sideshow games. Confidence selling and customer service is key.
- Merchandise Hosts
A trip to Luna Park isn’t complete without a souvenir. You’ll be selling everything from on-ride photos to gift shop memorabilia.
- Food & Beverage: Cooks, Kitchen Hands, Barista, POS Operators and Chef de Parties.
The Park food outlets serve up delicious fun park favourites, or learn the art of gelato service or fairy floss spinning. You will assist in the efficient operation of our 170 seat dine in bistro, take away gourmet burger outlet, rotisserie chicken and hamburger bar, gelato parlour and other outlets located within the Park. Retail F&B teams may also work the event bars for 2950 concert and event goers.
- Event – Front of House (Ushers, Cloak Attendants, Event ticket collect/entry Attendants)
Be part of some of the hottest gigs in Sydney where the best talent in town plays at The Big Top Sydney. Event Front of House work is offered when we have shows on, therefore the regularity of this work can be infrequent, but is perfect for those who may want to get event experience, or work on a casual basis.
- Venue Set-Up Crew
Go ‘behind the scenes’ and set up facilities and equipment for functions and events. Roll up your sleeves, and get busy relocating and setting up furniture and equipment, or building staging and tiering, or placing tables/seating according to floor plans and clients’ specifications. Event set up work frequency varies according to events and functions bookings, and requires full mobility and fitness.
- Chef de Parties – Full time
Choice of Kitchens and food styles: Amusement Park Catering or Function Catering kitchens. CDP’s can apply for the CDP jobs on the Luna Park Sydney Careers page, for an express interview.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- Well presented, with a vibrant, fun-loving personality and a smile as big as our trademark face.
- Converse fluently in English using both verbal and written communication.
- Hold valid work visas in Australia. Visa candidates are welcome, but you must bring proof of work entitlements (e.g. a copy of your passport).
- Flexibility to maximise the number of shifts you can accept across Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays (or all 7 days during peak periods).
- Preference will be given to candidates for the Amusement Park roles who can accept at least 4 shifts per week including Sat & Sun both day and evening shifts.
- Have a current NSW RSA competency card (essential for all positions for applicants 18 yrs+, which you can obtain within 7 days of being offered the role).
- Have a current NSW Working with Children Check- Volunteer not accepted (essential for all positions for applicants 18 yrs+ over, which you can obtain within 7 days of being offered the role).
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or have a medical exemption.
- Any further questions can be answered by your interviewer on the day.
THE INTERVIEW/AUDITION PROCESS:
Bring your smile, personality and showmanship! During the audition, you will participate in fun group activities that requires speaking in front of large groups, physical movement and working in teams to complete exercises. Please dress in suitable attire to ensure you can move freely, crouch and bend.
The auditions are a combined group assessment for all advertised roles. If you are not successful in your preferred role, we may also offer you work in a different position. Candidates will be selected to participate in an interview based on their participation, communication, enthusiasm and confidence in these audition activities.
Please attend Luna Park at your scheduled interview time to partake in the group audition. All successful applicants will be invited back for the final selection activity the following week. Apologies there are no alternate interview dates available at this time. If the interview date doesn’t suit you this time, you are welcome to re-apply in future, we usually recruit prior to each School Holiday period.
We can’t wait to meet you so be sure to proceed and secure your interview time immediately.
HOW TO BOOK THE INTERVIEW/AUDITION:
Hit Apply Now button or access this link, to instantly book in your interview time:
Once you have filled out the interview information via the booking link, your interview is confirmed. Simply attend Luna Park at the time you have selected on the 30 August, allowing 2 to 3 hours to complete each stage of the audition process.
First Aid Attendant
Join one of Australia’s most recognisable icons, at a truly exciting time! Upping the excitement for everyone, Luna Park now has 9 new rides.
There is plenty of entertainment for everyone, including functions with a difference in spectacular venues that have proudly accomplished multiple awards, and the highly acclaimed Big Top headlining both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. Amphora Wine Bar will overlook the pristine waters of Sydney harbour and is the perfect location to sample over 140 international and local wines
With SAFETY as one of our 5 Spirit Values it is at the forefront of everything we do. We are looking for a qualified, enthusiastic and responsible individual to join our dedicated team as a casual First Aid Attendant.
About the role:
Your primary responsibility will be to apply basic first aid treatment to visitors and employees and advise on seeking further medical treatment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring follow-up and support of all sick/injured persons who present at First Aid
- Recording details of first aid treatment administered and patient information
- Preparation of incident reports and documentation in support of claims
- Ensuring the first aid equipment/supplies are maintained and readily available
- Assisting in the control of hazards in the workplace
First Aid shifts occur when the Park is open, or at times during events so candidates are preferred to be very flexible when they can work, including weekends (day and evenings).
- A medical related qualification or working towards is highly desirable
- Recent first aid experience
- Current Occupational First Aid Certificate is essential
- A basic understanding of WH&S theory and practice along with Injury and Risk Management
- An ability to understand and apply both written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Commitment to professional and ethical behaviour and adherence to personnel privacy requirements
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and guest service skills
- National Police Check (at own expense)
- Working With Children Check (at own expense)
- COVID Vaccination, or medical exemption
- Hep B vaccination is also required.
If you meet the above criteria and share an interest in health and safety, we would be very interested in receiving your application addressing the position requirements.
Guest Relations Supervisor
Luna Park is the iconic face of Sydney that has been enthusiastically welcoming generations of guests for over 85 years. With the recent addition of 9 new rides, we offer all the thrills of a world class attraction while maintaining the charm and spirit of a 1930’s fun park. As the Guest Relations (GR) Supervisor, you will join a dedicated Amusement Park team, who keep the spirit of Luna Park spinning and future generations smiling!
Reporting to the GR Manager, the GR Supervisor will support a high-performance team to delight and surprise our guests, by creating truly memorable experiences for all guests visiting the venue.
Daily department supervision involves overseeing in park ticket sales; administrative duties; performance management; team member attendance records; resourcing and task allocation; sales and shift reports; managing compliments and complaints; liaising with other departments to keep the show on the road. You will coordinate the daily ticket redemption and Park entry operations of the Amusement Park, annual pass membership, GR desk, as well as monitoring the event Box Office and Car Park operations in the absence of area Management.
To achieve optimum results and satisfactorily manage challenging situations you will require well developed problem-solving skills, a patient and empathetic demeanour, a keen eye for detail and dedication to delivering exceptional levels of guest service, while simultaneously leading the team with a personalised flair and pizazz!
This position requires a pro-active, organised and enthusiastic individual with a background in customer service and/or ticketing who enjoys leading a front-line team.
This is a part time position required during Park trading hours, which in non-peak the opening hours include Friday through Monday, with an average of around 30 hrs per week.
Your key to success in this role will rely on:
- Proven ability to support, lead and motivate others to achieve results
- Ability to stay calm and make decisions under pressure
- Effective communication and respected leadership style
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Engaging personality with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- The ability to identify and resolve unexpected irregularities
- Well-developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Commitment towards delivering quality customer service
- Strong planning, organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Innovation to increase in-park upsell and spend per head
- Technical ability to troubleshoot ticketing equipment, car park pay terminal, annual pass memberships and facilitate the multichannel e commerce customer service helpdesk solution
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft office Word and Excel
- Advanced knowledge of POS software
- Training experience is desirable, including web-based training programs
- Flexibility to work shifts including weekend and evening work
- Current NSW RSA licence and Working with Children Check clearance
Join a unique working environment with a friendly team-based culture, and get ready to ride the challenges of a fun and exciting entertainment precinct.
Please apply now and attach a cover letter with your resume addressing the role criteria.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrician, to join our world class Maintenance team. You will be called upon to provide a wide range of electrical services with the added opportunity to work on specialised machinery such as amusement park rides and venue facilities/equipment including variable speed drives, relay logic and switch gear. Additionally, you will be required to assist with tasks outside of the electrical field, but within your scope of experience and training; such as conducting rides checks.
Luna Park is all about the fun, but more importantly safety is our number one focus. Due to the nature of the business, you must be physically capable and being comfortable with climbing rides and working at heights, as well as confined spaces. You must also:
- Hold a current NSW Electrical license
- Have post trade industrial experience
- Possess a general understanding of PLC operating systems and their maintenance
- Have experience with adhoc supervision of work performed by electrical contractors
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and awareness of WH&S procedures
- Knowledge of CMMS (MEX preferred) and experience to enter and close out work orders advantageous
- Experience in motor switchgear, control and variable speed drives, star Delta and DOL ideal
- Ability to read and interpret circuit drawings and methodical diagnostic ability tracing faults
- A knowledge of computerised maintenance management system (MEX preferred)
- Current EWP and forklift license
This is a full time role with, in the long term, the bonus of working 4 days per week over a rotating roster. Shift patterns will include week days and weekend cycles with some afternoon/evening work. Roster can change with project work as required.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and provide evidence of current immunity for Hep A & B before a formal offer is made.
If you are enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude and get excited by the prospect of having Luna Park as your choice of place to work, we would love to hear from you. We offer a range of social opportunities, staff discounts, team events and a unique working environment with a culture that supports each other and exists to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests.
Residency Note: To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be an Australian or NZ citizen or have an appropriate visa to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
Set on spectacular Sydney Harbour, Luna Park Sydney is where Guests are invited to “Experience the Magic” of a unique and beautifully restored 1930's art deco amusement park that has recently been transformed, with 9 new and thrilling rides, including a world first single rail roller coaster - The Big Dipper.
Luna Park proudly entertains guests with our world class service, entertainment and event facilities that have accomplished multiple Industry awards.
About the role:
Permanent position now available for a qualified, hands on and disciplined Carpenter to perform carpentry maintenance, restoration and repairs on a wide range of facilities, venues and rides, including the iconic Luna Park Face and Towers and historic Coney Island. You will also be involved in periodic track restoration for the heritage listed Wild Mouse, Australia’s oldest wooden roller coaster. Ride pre start checks and other general maintenance responsibilities also form part of the role requirements.
This role is 5 days per week, regularly Monday through Friday, however some weekend work is required and forms part of the core hours for this position which is allocated by rotating roster in conjunction with Park opening hours.
- Comfortable working at heights
- Extensive, post trade carpentry experience
- Functional computer literacy to obtain and update work orders required
- Demonstrated commitment to Work Health Safety & Environment (WHS&E)
- Reliable, self-motivated and able to work both individually and within a team
- Excellent communication skills and a professional, flexible approach
- Fully vaccinated for COVID, or have a medical exemption.
- Carpentry trade qualification (min Cert III) recognised in Australia
- Carpenter/Contractor Licence (NSW)
- Current NSW drivers’ licence
- Working at Heights certificate
- EWP, BL, SL tickets desirable
- Possession of current Chainsaw, Scaffold / Rigger tickets (desirable).
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and provide evidence of current immunity for Hep A & B before a formal offer is made.
Luna Park is an exciting and unique workplace where everyone plays a part in ensuring a safe and memorable experience for our guests. You will join a resourceful and multidisciplinary Maintenance team. Access public transport at the door, discounted onsite parking and discounts on food and beverage right across the park.
Please submit an up-to-date resume and include your salary expectations and your Carpenter licence/contractors card number.
Retail Food & Beverage
Chef de Partie – Retail F&B
Work with one of Australia’s most adored icons, joining us at a truly exciting time! Upping the excitement for everyone, Luna Park Sydney has completed one of the biggest upgrades of any Park in the world, with 9 new rides.
Luna Park’s attractive assortment of food outlets provides a variety of dining experiences to delight our guests. With something for everyone, guests can choose from the dine in, americana inspired Hungry Horse diner, Helter Skelter gourmet burger and rotisserie chicken outlet, grab and go items, pop up vendors and popular fun park favourites.
Service is always with a smile and sense of theatre, adding to the excitement and pleasure our guests experience when visiting the Park.
Your new role
The Retail Chef de Partie will be responsible for an outlet’s daily food preparation and production, operating within prescribed COGS and minimizing wastage. You will need to be a strong communicator with a calm, attentive manner, be quality focused and apply a consistent approach to food presentation, meeting the required standards and service times.
You will be passionate about the retail food experience, and be committed to delivering high quality, cost effective food, presentation and hygiene/HACCP standards. You will require:
- Chef experience in a high-volume environment
- Culinary trade qualifications to a minimum of Cert III
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Commitment to produce high quality food, presentation and strict hygiene standards
- Capability to contribute to ordering and product development/new menu items
- Understanding of COGS and how to minimize wastage
- Experience cooking: seafood, pizzas and/or rotisserie chicken, americana style food
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A reliable and hardworking work ethic, willing to assist other kitchens whenever required
- Able to work calmly and sensibly when under pressure
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice
- Flexibility to work changing shifts across a 7-day roster in Peak periods
- Ability to commit to routine weekend (& weekday) work, including weekend evening shifts to coincide with the Amusement Park and event hours of operation.
Please note that these are full time opportunities which requires that applicants have unlimited Australian work permissions.
Luna Park Venues
With award winning service and picturesque venues, we are one of Sydney's most sought-after event, conference and entertainment precincts. Luna Parks’ venues are the perfect event landscape to hold red carpet events, harbourside fireworks, New Year’s Eve extravaganza, movie premiers, fashion runway shows and a wide variety of conferences, exhibitions, gala dinners, cocktail events, awards ceremonies, weddings, Christmas parties and other celebratory events.
Complementing our versatile event spaces, we can accommodate 60 to over 6,000 guests, and we provide some of the finest catering and banquet service in Sydney. We are a Gold Licence Caterer with HACCP certification and recent winners of the Best Function Centre Caterer (Sydney Metropolitan), so it’s official, we know how to deliver truly spectacular events! Are you ready to join us?
About the role
As a casual Banquet Attendant, you will join a dedicated and professional Banquet Team who deliver our guests memorable event dining experiences.
These roles should interest both experienced F&B Attendants, and also applicants who are looking to learn new skills, and start their Hospitality and/or Event career, as full training can be provided. Students and Student visa holders are encouraged to apply, and Hospitality students are invited to enquire if you are looking for a host employer to do your internship.
Whenever the events are on, we have work available, which could be day/evening, weekday or weekends. The peak event period is from September to December, however there is flexibility to accept the shifts that suit you, and still maintain your study commitments, and keep up your social engagements. There may also be other opportunities to pick up shifts for gigs or concerts working the event bars, or in our new Wine Bar, or the Amusement Park food & bev outlets.
Casual hourly pay rate is from $28.90 to $30.70.
What the work involves
- Deliver exceptional guest service performing food and beverage service;
- Banquet waiter, bar or barista service;
- Set up and break down of events and functions;
- Table setup, glasses and crockery;
- Work with a large brigade of Chefs and Venue personnel;
- Follow hygienic food and beverage handling procedures;
- Adhere to Responsible Service of Alcohol legislation.
- Ability to carry 3 plates and trays of drinks/food (training provided)
- Provide table service including opening and serving a bottle of wine (training provided)
- Keen to learn new hospitality skills
- Commitment to providing the friendliest service to enhance guest experience
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Be reliable with a friendly disposition and strong verbal communication
- Flexibility to work a range of shifts: days, nights and/or weekends
- Hold a current NSW RSA (essential)
Join a fun and exciting workplace, enjoy the flexibility of casual work, meet some great people along the way and of course.. free rides!
Please hit the apply now to submit your application, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have a work visa, or permanent residency as regrettably we can assist with sponsorship or obtaining a work visa.
Chef de Partie - Event Catering
Luna Park Sydney is an Australian icon located on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour with uninterrupted views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.
With award winning service and picturesque venues, we are one of Sydney's most sought-after event, conference and entertainment precincts. Complementing our versatile event spaces, that can accommodate 60 to over 6,000 guests, we provide some of the finest catering Sydney has to offer such as Gala dinners, canape functions, conferences, weddings and swish celebrations.
About the role:
Experienced Chef de Partie who preferably has worked in a premium catering operation is needed to join our talented Production Kitchen Catering Team.
As a CDP, you will support the senior chefs from the initial preparation of ingredients through to the proud delivery of our tantalising dishes. At times you may be required to supervise and run a satellite kitchen for functions, or a crew of Kitchen Attendants. This is a high volume, challenging position where your enthusiasm, ability to work well under pressure and energetic demeanor will be welcomed.
To accommodate the busy event schedule, this 5 day per week, full time role requires flexibility to work shifts rostered across any 7 days which often includes working evenings and weekends, depending on the event bookings.
- Well rounded, with high volume CDP catering experience
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery (minimum Cert III)
- Strong planning and organisation skills, who gets excited when the pressure is on and can shift gears without missing a beat
- Commitment to high quality food preparation, presentation and hygiene standards
- Calm, patient with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to roll with the changes and still deliver exceptional food
- Self-motivated, who gets pleasure from producing the most amazing dishes that delights even the most discerning guests
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong team player
- Practice quality and cost control measures
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice.
If you are a culinary professional dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambition to make an impact in this role, we invite you to apply asap.
Please include a resume with cover letter detailing how your experience matches the position criteria and you may soon be joining one of the most talented catering brigades in town, where the workplace is "Just for Fun".
Click apply now, or email: email@example.com
Business Development Manager
Luna Park operates 13 versatile event spaces, many boasting stunning views of Sydney Harbour and catering for 100 to 6000 pax. Offering world class facilities, enviable catering combined with unique heritage listed buildings and our truly iconic Luna Park Face, the event spaces are complemented by nine incredible new rides, makes Luna Park not only magical, but also a uniquely ‘saleable’ location!
Luna Park’s multi award-winning venues have hosted many meetings, conferences, exhibitions, gala dinners with many clients returning year after year.
Your new role:
You will take over an established base of clients whilst continuously adding new clients to the mix. With such diverse venues, our offering is not limited to any sector or industry. A great opportunity to work for an iconic company that offers stability, diversity and a unique working experience as well as outstanding career growth and opportunities.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with our existing clients and continue to grow and foster long term relations
- Build relationships with new clients from Sports, Finance, Legal, Education and Charity sectors
- Attend industry events and represent Luna Park Sydney at trade shows and within the industry
- Showcase our spectacular, harbour front venues and a 2950 pax multipurpose Entertainment arena, through site inspections and presentations to potential clients
- Work with an experienced and dedicated group of Event professionals and internal stakeholders to ensure your clients experience a truly memorable event and their expectations are far exceeded!
To stand alongside a very successful Sales Team you will need;
- Proven success in event, venue or corporate sales
- A desire to develop and maintain productive long-term relationships with clients and industry partners
- Solid connections, with an established, wide network of industry contacts
- Budget management experience, and ability to meet sales KPI’s (generous, uncapped commission plan on offer)
- Excellent presentation coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An appreciation of the hospitality industry is desirable
Benefits of working as part of the Luna Park Sydney Team:
- Education, training and development opportunities
- Stunning harborside location
- Discounted food and beverage
- Discounted merchandise and retail
- Performance based bonus
- Free rides pass
- Close to train, bus and ferry
- Discounted onsite parking
- Social events and team member recognition awards
- Membership to retail benefits program
If you are a sales professional that enjoys the excitement of exceptional events in a venue with a reputation that you can be proud to represent, sell yourself into this role today.
Rights to work in Australia
Please note it is a prerequisite of this role to have unrestricted working rights within Australia.
Hit the apply now button or email your application firstname.lastname@example.org
Award winning Luna Park Venues is Sydney’s most iconic property. Showcasing 13 unique, multipurpose, waterfront venues which many offer unrivalled vistas of the cityscape and the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Set within the famous Luna Park entertainment precinct our events range from small, intimate cocktail gatherings of 70 people through to sit-down banquets of 1,300 guests, as well as large-scale exhibition, conferencing and all of Park events, for up to 7,000.
In addition to our world class functions, Luna Park’s food and beverage operations also encompasses large ticketed events for 2950 pax in The Big Top, as well as the retail food and beverage outlets in the Park, and an exciting new addition; a stunning harbour front wine bar due to open this year!
Your new role:
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, this position functions as the strategic leader of all food environments across the business and will be accountable for driving each area to its optimum potential in terms of quality, market positioning, customer service, compliance, profitability, client perception and business expansion outcomes.
This diverse role is suited to a self-motivated, high performing and creative Executive Chef who is passionate about all of the food offerings within the business. It takes the right ingredients to ensure all guests seeking out different dining experiences across the site are well catered for. Whether it’s a wedding, a gala dinner, a celebratory gathering or a theme park guest enjoying a gourmet hamburger, the underpinning philosophy is the same across all the brands. The food product must exceed expectation and in itself become a memorable experience.
Profitability, innovation and compliance will be achieved by working in collaboration with the respective Department Heads and General Managers across all brands.
Maintenance of and the discipline to ensure compliance of our HACCP and Gold Catering Licence accreditation is paramount.
Key to your success will be the ability to cultivate high performing teams by exercising strong leadership, quality mentoring and sound relationship building skills.
Through continuous improvement initiatives, refinement of product, sustainable and safety objectives and a harmonious team environment, the food operations of the business will continue to delight and impress our visitors and grow our enviable reputation.
What we are looking for:
Your recipe to success must contain the following:
- Stable track record of senior leadership positions preferably specialising in premium high-volume catering environments
- Willingness to be hands on in food production and delivery as required
- A success track record of leading Kitchens with high quality produce and profitable menus
- Eye for design in food production, presentation and merchandising
- Strong planning and organisation skills with immaculate attention to detail
- Desire to stay at the front of Industry developments and trends
- Confident communicator
- Demonstrated calm, rational and professional manner
- Ability to create a culture of respect and grow a cohesive team
- Inspire teams and drive creativity to keep the business at the forefront of the industry
- Developed financial acumen
- Cert III culinary qualification, or have an international qualification assessed to this level
- Management qualifications will be well regarded
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekdays, weekends, and evenings to support teams in event delivery.
This is a unique opportunity to join an iconic and established business with leaders who are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and creating an enjoyable and rewarding work environment.
If you are a culinary professional, dedicated to your craft with the drive and ambition to make an impact in this position, jump on board and savour the F&B experience to its fullest.
We look forward to receiving your application which includes a current CV and description of how your experience satisfies the key requirements of this position. Email your application to email@example.com
Rights to work in Australia
Please note it is a prerequisite of this role to have unrestricted working rights within Australia.
Does coming to work each day in an Amusement Park sound so much more interesting than your average kitchen?
Located on Sydney harbour, the views are breathtaking and the guest experiences memorable. Our first-class culinary team prepare exceptional dishes created using high-quality local produce. We offer 13 unique, multipurpose waterfront venues and are a gold licence caterer with HACCP certification.
Your new role:
As a valued member of Luna Parks’ Production Kitchen team, you will work in a well-equipped environment maintained with HACCP accreditation and high standards of quality and hygiene. Flexibility to work a variety of shifts and hours, including weekends, is paramount. Positions are available for those seeking casual, part time or full-time employment and an hourly rate from $28.90 is on offer.
- Assist in the set up and pack down of the kitchen equipment and satellite areas
- Assist chefs with basic food preparation
- Wash dishes, pans, utensils, floors, ovens and maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment
- Complete other ad hoc duties as required by our fantastic Chefs and Management
- Substantial, recent, fast paced experience as a kitchen hand
- High level of personal presentation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Strong understanding of food safety, HACCP and WH&S requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong adaptability & ability to work well in a team
- Efficient performance under pressure
- Flexibility to work day, night and weekends
If this role interests you, please forward a current resume outlining your Kitchen Hand experience. An immediate start is available for the successful candidate.