Terms & Conditions
Returns and Refunds
To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting the application of Australian Consumer Law and the Consumer Guarantees, no refunds, credits or replacements will be given if Luna Park Sydney's operating hours vary from those advertised (for reasons including but not limited to adverse weather or private functions); any rides or sideshow games are closed for any reason (including but not limited to maintenance or repair); if you have changed your mind about the ordered products; and/or if you make an incorrect choice.
No Luna Park Sydney product may be onsold for any reason. Any onsold product may be refused when presented at Luna Park Sydney for redemption.
An e-ticket will be issued in PDF form upon completion of a purchase, to the email address nominated during the purchase process. An e-ticket is valid for the one of the products listed below, and will be marked thus in the 'Ticket Type' field. Additional charges may apply at the Ticket Box for ticket exchange or upgrade. Please check the operating calendar as operating days and times do change.
Please bring a copy of your e-ticket to present at a Luna Park Sydney Ticket Booth for redemption. Display on a smartphone or tablet is acceptable. Valid photo ID and the purchasing credit card may be required upon redemption. All intended users of the products purchased must be present at the Ticket Booth at the time of redemption, for height measurement and wristband application. E-tickets are not valid in conjunction with any other offer, such as discount vouchers.
Tickets, Annual Passes and gift cards purchased for Luna Park Sydney will not be valid if onsold. Any product purchased from a non-authorised point of sale ( Wechat, Facebook, Gumtree etc) will not be valid for redemption.
Luna Park Sydney makes all efforts to ensure all prices and product information on our website are correct. Luna Park Sydney takes no responsibility for any incorrect information that may be published on the Luna Park website, and has the right to refuse any order arising from a mistake.
By purchasing a Luna Park product you acknowledge that you have read and understood the product Terms and Conditions.
Specific terms and conditions apply to each product. These can be found below. These specific terms and conditions form part of the Luna Park Sydney Terms and conditions and may be updated from time to time.
Annual Pass Terms and Conditions
A Luna Park Sydney Annual Pass is available for purchase, unless 'SOLD OUT', at lunaparksydney.com ('online') and from the Luna Park Sydney Ticket Box’s, ('in Park'). Tickets, Annual Passes and gift cards purchased from Luna Park Sydney will not be valid if onsold. Any product purchased from a non-authorised point of sale (WeChat, Facebook, Gumtree etc.) will not be valid for redemption.
The rides/amusements in Luna Park are designed for use by participants who meet the displayed height and health requirements.
The amusements/rides are recreational activities and there are risks of injury to participants and their property. By using or engaging in a ride/amusement you accept these risks and agree that the owners, operators and landlords do not have or accept any liability for any injury suffered as a result of you accepting these risks.
Parents or Guardians must evaluate these risks before allowing persons in their control to use or engage in any ride or amusement.
Use of any ride or amusement is restricted for Guests with certain physical and/or medical conditions. Please check the signage at the entrance to the ride for applicable restrictions. This is a risk warning given pursuant to Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002.
A Luna Park Sydney Annual Pass entitles the holder (a pass holder) to a single Day Pass, once per day, on any valid entry day for the period specified on the Annual Pass, from the date of e-ticket redemption (online).
A valid entry day is any day the Park is accessible by the General Public where Park capacity set by Luna Park Sydney Management has not been reached. Luna Park Sydney does not operate on every day of the year and as such, does not take responsibility for a misinterpretation of Opening Hours.
In order to access Park rides on a valid entry day, a valid Pass holder must login to their Annual Pass holder account at lunaparksydney.com and reserve a date of entry. Available dates, trading hours are subject to blockouts, restricted and modification by the capacity of Park and may be restricted by the number of pass holders allowed to enter on that day.
Pass holders may reserve a maximum of one entry date at a time and can only have one entry date reserved in total. Once that entry date pass has been redeemed or the date passed, a pass holder may reserve a new entry date.
A pass holder must have his/her valid Annual Pass in hand and an LPS approved photo on file with Luna Park Sydney for access to rides to be granted.
A Day Pass is a unique wristband that is non-refundable to the extent permitted by law, not transferable between individuals, valid for the Date of Issue only and void if not securely attached to the Guest's wrist at all times. The wristband is activated and issued from a Luna Park Ticket Box at the time of purchase/e-ticket redemption. A Day Pass is sold subject to the Luna Park Sydney Rides Regulations.
Annual Passes are not valid for private special events, specials, ticketed events or events that require a separate admission, and are subject to Blockout Dates. Blockout Dates include, but are not limited to events such as Halloscream, New Year’s Eve, and other special events that occur outside normal Park operating hours Annual Pass. See the ‘Benefits’ section of these terms for more information.
Additional pass holder benefits apply to specific Annual Pass products. See the ‘Benefits’ section of these terms for more information. Not all benefits apply to all Annual Pass products. It is the responsibility of the pass holder to check their entitlements before purchase.
Annual Passes do not guarantee ride and attraction access (especially during high attendance periods). Restrictions apply including, but not limited to, capacity constraints and closures.
Rides, services, entertainment and attractions may change operating hours, close temporarily, or may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability and does not entitle a pass holder to any refund, credit or replacement.
A pass holder assumes the inherent risks associated with the operation of all rides and attractions and should read and obey all safety signage, instructions and rules. A pass holder must abide by any rules and regulations applicable to Luna Park Sydney or to the use of the Annual Pass as announced by Luna Park Sydney from time to time.
Luna Park Sydney is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
An Annual Pass is not transferable, cannot be sold, cannot be given to anyone else to use inclusive of family and friends, is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used with any other offer, discount or product. Additionally, Annual Passes may not be used for commercial purposes and are void if altered or misused.
Photocopies, photos and reproductions of an Annual Pass will not be accepted.
An Annual Pass purchased online will have a 14-day grace period prior to the pass automatically activating and commencing the 12 months validity period. If the Pass holder presented the online voucher at the Luna Park Annual Pass Membership desk prior to the end of the grace period, the pass will commence the validity period from the date. The voucher must be presented within this period at Luna Park Sydney and exchanged for an Annual Pass Card.
The pass holder must be present at the time of exchange and must abide by all other membership information gathering processes.
Personal data for each pass holder must be completed in Park on the same day of purchase or redemption of e-tickets. As a condition of purchase, guests must provide the following: a. their first name and surname b. their date of birth c. a contact telephone number; and d. a contact email address Incomplete personal data will not be accepted, and the associated membership will not be created.
When collecting an Annual Pass purchased online, the pass holder must be present at the Luna Park Annual Pass Desk in order for the membership photo to be captured.
Each pass holder must follow Luna Park Sydney's procedures to have a photo associated with his/her Annual Pass in Luna Park Sydney's files for identification purposes. Photo capture procedures include removal of any hats, sunglasses or other obscuring accessories and ensuring no additional individuals are present in the background of the photo.
Photos on file for active pass holders must be periodically updated with current photos. Photos must be replaced every 12 months for children under the age of 18 and every 3 years for adults. Further identification may be required upon request.
Guests can only upgrade to an Annual Pass if the Annual Pass product is available for sale and not 'SOLD OUT'.
A Guest wishing to upgrade to an Annual Pass from another form of eligible ticket must upgrade on the same day in which the original form of ticket is valid.
Each Guest wishing to upgrade a ticket to an Annual Pass must be present at the time of the upgrade transaction.
Guest must be able to display a valid, intact and attached wristband with a corresponding receipt or Group Booking barcode number (if applicable) when upgrade transactions are made.
Expired tickets, complimentary tickets, some Group Booking tickets and other tickets stating ineligibility for an upgrade may not be upgraded to an Annual Pass.
Guests can only renew an Annual Pass if the Annual Pass product is available for sale and not 'SOLD OUT'.
An Annual Pass holder will qualify for a special renewal offer provided that he or she renews their Annual Pass within 30 days (prior or post) of the expiry date and is able to present their expired Annual Pass when making the renewal.
An Annual Pass that is not renewed within 30 days of expiration will no longer qualify for the renewal discount and the full price of a new Annual Pass will be chargeable.
The renewal discount can be accessed in Park only and is not currently valid for online sales unless a specific promotion has been applied to the Annual Pass holder’s account. An Annual Pass renewed under these conditions will expire 12 months from the existing Annual Pass renewal date.
LOSS, REPLACEMENT OR CANCELLATION
All Annual Pass Cards remain the property of Luna Park Sydney.
If an Annual Pass is lost or stolen, the pass holder is asked to report the situation to Luna Park Sydney Guest Relations at the Guest Relations Desk, by contacting Guest Relations at (02) 9922 6644 or submitting an online enquiry.
A non-refundable fee of ten dollars ($10.00) is required to replace or re-issue an Annual Pass Card if it is unable to be presented for access to rides. No rides will be accessed without the presentation of a valid Annual Pass Card.
Luna Park Sydney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Annual Pass or deny ride access to any pass holder at any time for any reason. Cancellation, suspension or revocation of an Annual Pass membership will result in the cancellation, suspension or revocation of the member benefits associated with the Annual Pass.
An Annual Pass that is discovered to have been purchased through illegal methods will be cancelled without compensation.
Additional benefits are available to Annual Pass holders as per the below terms. Not all benefits apply to all Annual Pass products. It is the responsibility of the pass holder to check their entitlements before purchase.
A pass holder must present a valid Annual Pass, valid photo identification and valid, intact and attached wristband prior to purchases to receive any applicable benefits and discounts. Benefits and discounts are non-transferable and may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. Such benefits and discounts are for personal use only and may not be used to obtain or purchase items or services with the intent to resell such items or services.
Applicable benefits and discounts are subject to change at any time, without notice. Benefits and discounts are determined solely by Luna Park Sydney and may be valid only at select locations. Applicable benefits are not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or product other than those stated in the individual benefit terms.
An Annual Pass is subject to additional charges unless otherwise advised for entry into any concerts or special events taking place at Luna Park Sydney, or any other event as determined by Luna Park Sydney from time to time in its sole discretion.
Specific terms and conditions related to current benefits may be found below:
A 1-year Annual Pass ($199) pass holder purchased after 01 April 2021 is entitled to:
Opportunity to be the first to purchase tickets to special events presented by Luna Park - Pass holders will receive communications inviting them to purchase tickets to any special events presented by Luna Park Sydney up to 48 hours before other database members and the general public. Pass holders may forward this communication to family and friends and are not obliged to take part in the advertised events. Annual Passes will not be valid at the promoted Special Events and Luna Park Sydney will not be required to reiterate these conditions in all Special Event pre-purchase communications.
Access to Luna Perks Plus – premium membership to the Luna Park loyalty program - Pass holders will be automatically subscribed to the Luna Perks Plus program. Pass holders may receive benefits that include access to redeem Unforgettable experiences, early-bird access to special events presented by Luna Park, Luna Perks discount offers. Offers and experiences will vary and are at the discretion of Luna Park Sydney. Pass holder will receive the benefits allocated to the Luna Perks plus member. See Luna Perks loyalty program for details.
EXISTING ANNUAL PASS HOLDERS
All existing Annual Pass Holders (1 year, 1 year Gold, 3 year or 5 year) active as of 1 April 2021 will remain under the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of purchase. Pass holders may request these terms and conditions by emailing email@example.com. If an existing Annual Pass Holder upgrades to a new 1-year Annual Pass ($199), extending their existing annual pass validity, after 1 April 2021 the updated terms and conditions including benefits will supersede the original terms and conditions.
The information provided by Guests will be used by Luna Park Sydney for the purpose of conducting the Annual Pass Program. Luna Park Sydney may disclose personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this program or communicating with Guests.
By purchasing an Annual Pass, a pass holder consents to subscribe to email communication from Luna Park Sydney. A pass holder may receive important operational updates, special offers and other information from Luna Park Sydney and its associated business streams about their events, products, services and discounts.
From time to time, Luna Park Sydney may suggest alternate subscriptions to a pass holder, related to both Luna Park Sydney and its other business streams. It is the Guest's sole decision as to whether these additional subscriptions are activated.
All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, Blockout Dates, prices, benefits and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability and change or cancellation without notice at any time.
- The rides/amusements in Luna Park are designed for use by participants who meet the displayed height requirements.
- The amusements/rides are recreational activities and there are risks of injury to participants and their property. By using or engaging in a ride/amusement you accept these risks and agree that the owners, operators and landlords do not have or accept any liability for any injury suffered as a result of you accepting these risks.
- Parents or Guardians must evaluate these risks before allowing persons in their control to use or engage in any ride or amusement.
- Use of any ride or amusement is restricted for Guests with certain physical and/or medical conditions. Please check the signage at the entrance to the ride for applicable restrictions.
This is a risk warning given pursuant to Section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002.
Risk Warning and Waiver
I acknowledge, agree and understand my activities at, and my use of, Luna Park Sydney for my own enjoyment and leisure and is entirely recreational.
Risk Warning pursuant to section 5M of the Civil Liability Act
I acknowledge, agree and understand that:
1. I have been warned that I am at risk of suffering personal injury arising from or in connection with my activities at, and my use of, Luna Park Sydney. The risk of personal injury extends to, physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any physical or mental injury) including but not limited to friction burns, whiplash, abrasions, bruising, damage to teeth, muscular injury, motion sickness, splinters, loss of consciousness, and broken bones together with soft tissue injuries generally.
2. The risk of personal injury that I may suffer may arise from or be connected to:
- contact or collision with the surface of the ride;
- contact or collision with another patron;
- The movement of the ride (sudden or otherwise);
- weather conditions including rain, wind, lightning, heat and cold;
- slipping and tripping on floor surfaces;
- the acts and/or omissions (including negligent acts and/or omissions) of other patrons at Luna Park Sydney;
- incorrect use of rides;
- failure to follow instructions in relation to participation on a ride; and
- the unforeseen failure or malfunction of rides.
3. I accept and acknowledge all risks identified above voluntarily and at my own risk.
4. I acknowledge that the assumption of risk and warning above constitutes a ‘risk warning’ in respect of all rides and activities at Luna Park Sydney for the purpose of section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to waive all my rights in respect of any liability for any Claim against Luna Park, including for any liability:
- for breach of contract (including any express or implied warranty that any recreational services will be provided with due care and skill); or
- for negligence;
arising from, or in connection with, my attendance at and use of Luna Park Sydney.
Waiver in relation to recreational services to which the Australian Consumer Law applies
I acknowledge that:
- it is possible for a supplier of recreational services to ask me to agree that the statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) (which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 Cth), do not apply to me;
- I agree to waive my right to sue Luna Park Sydney (should either be deemed a supplier for the purposes of the ACL) because the recreational services (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) were not performed in accordance with the statutory guarantees, in particular the guarantees as to due care and skill and as to fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded; and
- the waiver of my rights in clause 9(b) above is limited to liability for:
- physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration, or recurrence of such injury) to me;
- the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs;
- that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me; or
- that may result in harm or disadvantage to me.
The above waiver of my rights in relation to the statutory guarantees does not apply to reckless conduct (as defined in the ACL) of Luna Park Sydney in supplying any recreational services (in the event either is deemed to be a supplier).
Release and Indemnity
To the fullest extent permitted by law, I:
- release and will release Luna Park Sydney from all Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my use of Luna Park Sydney;
- indemnify and will keep indemnified Luna Park Sydney in respect of any Claim by any other person:
- arising from or in connection with my participation in any activities at, or use of, Luna Park Sydney;
- against Luna Park Sydney in respect of any injury loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my failure to comply with any rules and/or directions from Luna Park Sydney regarding use of Luna Park Sydney’s facilities and attractions.
Save that the above releases and indemnities shall not apply to the extent that the loss, damage or injury that is the subject of the Claim is caused or contributed to by the grossly negligent act or omission of Luna Park Sydney.
Luna Park Sydney shall not be liable in contract or in tort for any loss or damage suffered and consumer rights are limited to those set out in these Terms and Conditions and under statute.
Luna Park Sydney does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage however caused (including through negligence) which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor to accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of the use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this website.
To the extent permitted by law our total liability herein in respect of each event or series of connected events shall not exceed the total price paid for the purchase of products and/or services under these Terms and Conditions.
The Customer shall indemnify Luna Park Sydney and keep Luna Park Sydney fully and effectively indemnified against any loss of or damage to any property or injury to or death of any persons caused by any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct of the customer, its employees, agents or sub-contractors or by any breach of its contractual obligations arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
To the extent permitted by law, Luna Park Sydney and customer agree that Luna Park Sydney will not be liable for products not being available for use, or for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted or altered. Luna Park Sydney shall not be liable to the customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of profit or anticipated profit, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill, loss arising out of business interruption, loss arising out of or in connection with pollution of contamination arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of Products or services, even if Luna Park Sydney has been advised of their possibility.
Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Luna Park Sydney strives to protect such information, Luna Park Sydney does not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any e-mail which you transmit to them. Accordingly any information sent to Luna Park Sydney by email is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once Luna Park Sydney receives your e-mail, the company will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on this website is protected by copyright. You must not by any means or in any form adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website or commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website without our written permission.
Luna Park Sydney makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites, including out of date product pricing information. Links to external sites are meant for the convenience of website users and should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Luna Park Sydney of the owners or operators of the external site, or of any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this website.
All prices are in $AUD and inclusive of GST. Prices can change and Luna Park Sydney's latest price is always displayed on the Luna Park Sydney website and not any third party websites.
Luna Park Sydney accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If Luna Park Sydney waives any rights available to the company under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in the State of New South Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that jurisdiction.
Conditions of Entry
- Luna Park Sydney is a Licensed Premises and as such anyone entering are bound by the requirements of the Liquor Act 2007.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- Professional, commercial, staged or organised photography or video recording is not permitted without prior authorisation.
- Tripods, lighting, other standalone ancillary photography or video equipment is not permitted.
- Any type of activity or item that may impact on other Guests safety or enjoyment of the Park is not permitted.
- The Park and surrounding areas are under 24-hour CCTV surveillance.
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted entry.
- Liquor may not be brought onto or taken off the premises, and checking procedures may be applied to prevent this.
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors.
- Guests who are intoxicated, argumentative, quarrelsome, aggressive or disorderly will be removed from the Premises.
- Bags larger than an A4 piece of paper will not be permitted, waist/bum bags are recommended. Any personal items must stay with the owner at all times and not be left unattended. There will not be any lockers or cloaking facilities available throughout the park. Prams are discouraged.
10% off Annual Pass Re-Launch Promotion - April 2021
10% off Annual Pass Re-Launch Promotion (‘Promotion’) – add an additional one year validity to existing Annual Pass
- Promotion only valid for existing and active Annual Pass Holders as of 27th January 2021.
- Promotion is not available to new or inactive Annual Pass Holders.
- Promotion entitles the existing Annual Pass holder to one 10% off Annual Pass transaction where the 10% discount will apply to all Annual Pass purchased in that transaction.
- Promotion is valid for Annual Pass purchases between 1 April 2021 and 31 May 2021.
- Promotion will be extended to Annual Pass Holder via email to current email address on account. If no email address is recorded, offer will not be available until email address has been updated.
- An additional one year Annual Pass validity will be added to the existing Annual Pass validity as of 27th January 2021 after the purchase has been finalised.
- To accept the promotion, Annual Pass Holders must agree to the 2021 Annual Pass Holders terms and conditions as stated on lunparksydney.com/terms. These terms and conditions supersede all existing Annual Pass Holder terms and conditions. All previous Annual Pass holder benefits will no longer be valid.
- Promotion only valid for Annual Pass Holder purchases made online at lunaparksydney.com
- Promotion is offered as a Shopping Cart offer. Existing Annual Pass holders must log into their account and remain logged into their account during the purchase process. 10% discount is linked to the Annual Pass Holder account and will be automatically added during the checkout procedure.
- Luna Park reserves the right to change or remove the promotion at any time.
We are here to assist with any enquiries. Please get in touch with our team via email