Personal information collected
The personal information collected and maintained by Luna Park generally comprises:
- our customers’ names and contact details;
- our customers’ dates of birth;
- our customers’ credit or bank cards details and/or bank accounts details;
- payment information for our products and services;
- names and addresses of directors, proprietors and any personal guarantors;
- names and contact details for trade referees;
- our current and past employees’ names, contact details, employment and educational history and employees’ records required to be kept by law;
- our customers’ feedback and enquiries;
- details of any complaints;
- details of any incidents and incidents reports; and
- photo images of identifiable people, including children, for example our guests which were publicly posted by people on their Instagram or other social media accounts and shared with public at large which images usually refer to Luna Park products, activities, venues or rides (refer to “Dealing with Luna Park Online” section below, in particular to “User Generated Content”).
Purposes of collection of personal information:
We collect and hold this personal information for the following purposes:
- supplying our products or providing our services within a range of Luna Park’s activities. Luna Park activities include but are not limited to running amusement park rides, serving food and beverages, catering and conducting parties and functions at the Luna Park venue;
- establishing and maintaining relationships with customers;
- maintaining our customers’ contact details for conduct of Luna Park activities;
- receiving payments for the supply of our products and services;
- with respect to the sale and supply of alcohol, complying with our obligations under relevant liquor law;
- maintaining our employees’ records;
- considering and dealing with our customers’ enquiries and collecting feedback;
- improving our products and services to our customers and our web site(s);
- handling complaints; and
- preventing, managing and responding to any incidents.
Ancillary to our primary business activities, Luna Park also collects, holds and maintains personal information from:
- our suppliers, such as their names, addresses, other contact details and insurance details for the purpose of managing our supplier relationships;
- our contractors and agents, such as their names, addresses, other contact details and insurance details for the purpose of managing our relationships with contractors and agents; and
- our potential employees, such as their resumes and contact details as part of our recruitment process.
How personal information is collected
Luna Park generally collects personal information when you:
- communicate with us by telephone, email, text message, facsimile transmission or post;
- communicate with us via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media platform;
- communicate with us via our web site, including by completing and providing to us any form available on our web site or submitting any request or enquiry via our website;
- participate in User Generated Content of our web site;
- meet with our representatives in person; or
- complete and submit to us any form necessary for providing to you our products and services.
Occasionally Luna Park may also receive personal information about an individual from sources other than that individual, for example from a referee for a job candidate or from a credit reporting agency. If any such information is received we will notify the individual that we collected personal information about them.
Luna Park does not collect sensitive information unless permitted, required or authorised by an Australian law, or you consent to collection of such information. Sensitive information includes information about an individual’s:
- race or ethnicity;
- political opinions and memberships or religious beliefs;
- sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal record;
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions; and
- health information.
Storage and management of personal information
Luna Park has internal controls which guide who within Luna Park has access to and the ability to modify personal information. These controls are audited on an annual basis.
Personal information is stored in hard copy onsite and in electronic form onsite and offsite.
Hard copy documents are a necessary means of collecting information from some of our customers. Documents which contain personal information are only assessable by appropriate staff members and are routinely securely destroyed when no longer needed.
All information and communication technology holds the necessary up to date security and virus protection, SSL certification and all other relevant protections to ensure data security. We will not be liable for any loss of data or data breach in the circumstances where we followed necessary security measures and/or took reasonable steps to prevent any likely risk of serious harm to you due to any loss of data or data breach.
Offsite storage of data includes both local and overseas data warehouses. Luna Park may disclose personal information to those overseas service centres for data storage and processing of transactions. These overseas service centres are located in the United States of America.
Luna Park will take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that overseas recipients of an individual’s personal information comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to that information.
Individuals should be aware that the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
Where personal information we collect is no longer required, we securely delete such personal information or permanently de-identify it.
Use and disclosure of personal information;
We use and disclose your personal information for the legitimate business purpose for which it was disclosed to us at the time of collection. Your personal information may be used for related purposes that you would reasonably expect without the need to obtain your prior permission.
We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information. We may, however, share your personal information within our organisation and with our related bodies corporate, for using for same purpose for which your personal information was provided to us. In some cases it will be necessary to pass certain personal information to our professional advisors or other third parties in order to comply with reporting and statutory obligations. This may include our employees, agents, contractors, auditors, insurers and tax, financial and legal advisors.
We may also disclose your personal information to service providers and contractors who provide services to us in connection with provision of our products and services to you. While personal information may be provided to these service providers and contractors to enable them to perform agreed tasks, we will generally require such parties to protect your personal information in the same manner that we do.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under or not prohibited by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and/or the Australian Privacy Principles.
Dealing with Luna Park online
If you visit Luna Park's web site to browse, read or download information, register as a member or purchase our goods or services, our system will log your movements. We use these web site logs to assist us in providing the relevant products or services to you and in the other ways described in this Policy. These web site logs are not personally identifiable and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals who browse the web site unless you have provided your express consent.
Some of the web sites operated by us contain links to third party web sites, such as advertisers, sponsors and other companies with whom we have relationships. Although a web site may be linked to a web site operated by us, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the linked third party’s web site. Any concern that you have with respect to the privacy policies of a linked third party’s web site should be directed to the operator of that web site.
In addition, from time to time we may have relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on web pages that we operate. As a result, when you visit a web site operated by us, advertising server companies may collect information such as your domain type, IP address and click stream information. It is our understanding that generally it is not likely that your personal information is easily identifiable from such collected information.
Our website may contain User Generated Content (“UGC”), which is links to information (including photos usually referring to Luna Park products, activities, venues or rides) you or other people upload to their accounts in social media and make available to the general public. Information which is disclosed by way of UGC is displayed by Luna Park on our website for promoting and improving our products and services to our guests.
A cookie is a small data file that contains information about your visit to our web site. Your computer provides this information during your first visit to our web server. The server records this information in a text file and stores this file on your hard drive. When you visit our web site again, the server looks for the cookie and structures itself based on the information provided.
Access to your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information and request its correction. Upon your request to us, and to the extent permitted by law or as required by the Australian Privacy Principles, we will provide to you details of any personal information disclosed to us and/or cease to make use of your personal information for the purposes described above. If we are not able to give you access you requested, we will notify you and provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access.
Please contact Luna Park's Company Secretary if you require access to your personal information. Please refer to the contact details below.
Accuracy of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact your account manager or Luna Park Sydney's Company Secretary if any of the details you have provided change or if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
We respect your choice to opt out of Luna Park’s marketing activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us, please contact your account manager or Luna Park's Company Secretary and we will respect your request. Please refer to the contact details below.
If you have a complaint about privacy, please contact our Company Secretary and let us know nature and details of your complaint in writing and we will promptly acknowledge and investigate your complaint. Please refer to the contact details below.
If you would like further information regarding this Policy, please contact us via any of the following means:
Telephone: 02 9922 6644
Luna Park Sydney
1 Olympic Drive
Milsons Point NSW 2061
Last updated: 14/05/2018